Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Stay In School Online Video 3

Craig Posts: 721Administrator
How to use Blockers

StayinSchool continues his review of online Bovada/Ignition 6 max NL with the emphasis on blockers

Free video up at 11 AM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/how-to-use-blockers

Comments

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    As always comment or shoot me a message for any questions about the video or coaching.
  • DuDot Posts: 97SubscriberProfessional
    Your video was really good. I didn't always agree with your range construction, but I can't say that my range construction is better than yours.

In the first hand you said AJo is a bad bvb 3betting hand. If your opening range in the SB is as wide as it should be that's a standard 3bet for value from me.

On the 89s bluff hand - I think you said you aren't raising flush draws on this board. Why not?
    Should your opponent know that when he's constructing a range for calling your riv shove?

On the JJ449 board you put QTs and KTs into your riv overbet bluff range and said a call with TT was bad because he's blocking your bluff range. Why do you choose those hands and why would you expect your opponent to know he's blocking your bluffing range?

Maybe you didn't intend for the specific hands to be as important as just showing the effects of blockers.

I haven't watched the second half yet but I'm looking forward to it.
  • iamallin Posts: 1,173SubscriberProfessional
    Good video. ALMOST like a pro bro.
    You'd crush 5 10 and 10 20 live if u gave it a shot. just a matter of building that bankroll.

DuDot said:
    Your video was really good. I didn't always agree with your range construction, but I can't say that my range construction is better than yours.

In the first hand you said AJo is a bad bvb 3betting hand. If your opening range in the SB is as wide as it should be that's a standard 3bet for value from me.

On the 89s bluff hand - I think you said you aren't raising flush draws on this board. Why not?
    Should your opponent know that when he's constructing a range for calling your riv shove?

On the JJ449 board you put QTs and KTs into your riv overbet bluff range and said a call with TT was bad because he's blocking your bluff range. Why do you choose those hands and why would you expect your opponent to know he's blocking your bluffing range?

Maybe you didn't intend for the specific hands to be as important as just showing the effects of blockers.

I haven't watched the second half yet but I'm looking forward to it.
    I guess I probably went a too far saying AJ is a bad 3 bet hand BvB. It's ok. If you are going to get 4 bet a lot you run into problems because it doesn't play great calling a 4 bet and it's an ok hand to 5 bet jam but really prefer to not be turning a hand as good as AJ into a bluff. Really depends how often you get 4 bet. You are probably right tho as the vast majority of the poker playing population doesn't not 4 bet enough.

I will be raising some FD's, just not every FD. I usually go for the weaker ones so you are fine folding them if you get 3 bet on the flop. You don't want to raise a hand like the NFD and get 3 bet and then have to fold or put in a lot of money as a big dog. In that hand I think T high to Q high FD's all seem like reasonable flop raise selections. Not using a hand like 87dd for the same reason. It's a great hand but put in a very tough spot vs flop 3 bets.

I pick those hands because they are really the worst hand I can have. They also have some blocker to hands like JT, QJ, KJ. But basically because I don't want to bluff A high and those hands are pretty much the worse hands in my range. I think V having TT is pretty bad because it's really hand to be bluffing with a hand that doesn't have a T. KQ is one but then everything else has a T besides maybe a hand like 87s but that might just check turn anyway.

Thanks for the feedback!
    iamallin said:
    Good video. ALMOST like a pro bro.
    You'd crush 5 10 and 10 20 live if u gave it a shot. just a matter of building that bankroll.

Thanks man!
  • maphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    edited November 2016
    hey peter,

watching your video right now. really like it so far.

I am wondering though, what's your argument for leading K3s on J33r into three people? you didn't really explain it.

IMO in theory at least, it seems like we shouldn't have a leading range here because it weakens our check/calling range too much AND more importantly I don't think we have any bluffs at all when we lead here. maybe I am wrong but I unless I have a good reason I don't think leading is good in a spot where we can't have any bluffs.

what do you think about that?

* just heard you saying you would probably bluff hands like QT , T9, KT OTF. if you are , I guess leading makes some sense then. never really thought about having a bluff leading range here . NH
    maphacks said:
    hey peter,

I am wondering though, what's your argument for leading K3s on J33r into three people? you didn't really explain it.

IMO in theory at least, it seems like we shouldn't have a leading range here because it weakens our check/calling range too much AND more importantly I don't think we have any bluffs at all when we lead here. maybe I am wrong but I unless I have a good reason I don't think leading is good in a spot where we can't have any bluffs.

* just heard you saying you would probably bluff hands like QT , T9, KT OTF. if you are , I guess leading makes some sense then. never really thought about having a bluff leading range here . NH
    Multiway pots are very hard to find a GTO solution for so this is partially an exploit but don't think it is super unbalanced. It's an interesting spot because we have so much more 3x than anyone else here. UTG can have A3s but that's really it while we can have a lot of suited 3x. I think leading the stronger ones as a slightly exploitable line to get value is fine while still checking some of the weaker ones to keep our range semi-protected. However in 4 way pots protection your range is not as important.
  • maphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    stayinschool said:
    maphacks said:
    hey peter,

Multiway pots are very hard to find a GTO solution for so this is partially an exploit but don't think it is super unbalanced. It's an interesting spot because we have so much more 3x than anyone else here. UTG can have A3s but that's really it while we can have a lot of suited 3x. I think leading the stronger ones as a slightly exploitable line to get value is fine while still checking some of the weaker ones to keep our range semi-protected. However in 4 way pots protection your range is not as important.
    would you also have a leading range if UTG raised to 3bb? and what if it was HU for 2bb?

maphacks said:
    stayinschool said:
    maphacks said:
    hey peter,

would you also have a leading range if UTG raised to 3bb? and what if it was HU for 2bb?

I think I'd lead in a 4 way pot no matter what the open sizing just because I think it gets more value without giving up that much.

HU I wouldn't have a leading range. Especially because HU we wouldn't have as much 3x because we wouldn't be getting as good of a price pre flop. Protecting your range is also more important HU than 4 way.