Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

KK with dangerous flop

STL_Bob Posts: 26Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
I hope posting my low stakes endeavors here get a reply, given its not nearly the action hand that Claire posted recently.
I think this hand is going to be similar to content from a recent CLP video about how to proceed when a player donks the flop. Sorry for the lack of reads; even if I had been playing for a while, players coming and going quickly, tough to find a player who stays for more than an hour.

Rio 1/3NL. I have been at the table for about 20 mins, played only one down. I have not seen UTG enter a pot yet. MP3 has just sat down and it is his first hand.

UTG: $550
Hero (MP2): $350
MP3: $100

MP3 posts blind
UTG: limps in
Hero (KsKc): raises to $20
MP3 calls, UTG calls 

Flop ($60): 5h 6s 7h

UTG: bets $50
Hero: ?

Comments

• Arenzano Posts: 1,390Subscriber
    Tough spot. Are you willing to stack off KK? What range did you assign to the villain.? Would he lead with a flopped straight, Ax hearts, sets, an overpair + straight draw? You're looking at a pot committing bet on the Turn. I am either raising or folding.
  • JCW Posts: 591Subscriber
    I typically flat here. Not a lot of guys 2 Barrel. Take note of who does.

Make a judgement call on the turn.

And take note of this hand or any others like it. See what he ends up with at River. A lot of times it is a combo type hand. If he has nuts/sets then you have to consider folding sometimes.
  • STL_Bob Posts: 26Subscriber
    Brudre21 said

Tough spot. Are you willing to stack off KK? What range did you assign to the villain.? Would he lead with a flopped straight, Ax hearts, sets, an overpair + straight draw? You're looking at a pot committing bet on the Turn. I am either raising or folding.
    As the hand is played, I am not thinking he has a set, or straight as he would be inclined to check/raise at this level. But obviously its in his range. I'm not sure this line of thinking remains valid at a 2/5, 5/5, or 5/10 level.

I'm really concerned that my PF raise sizing is non-ideal (too large) as I am making my hand pretty transparent with the larger than average raise at this level.

Flop action cont'd:

Hero: raises to $160
    Mp3: folds
    UTG: calls $160

Turn ($380): 2c
    UTG: checks 
    Hero: ?
  • STL_Bob Posts: 26Subscriber
    JCW said

I typically flat here. Not a lot of guys 2 Barrel. Take note of who does.

Make a judgement call on the turn.

And take note of this hand or any others like it. See what he ends up with at River. A lot of times it is a combo type hand. If he has nuts/sets then you have to consider folding sometimes.
    I appreciate this advice JCW. Player dependent reads are very valuable here...it's tough in a low stakes game here at WSOPas people aree moving in and out of games so often/quickly.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    Bob

Great to have you posting here. Once I put in half my stack I am basically not folding.. So now its bombs away.. on the turn when he checks to you you just have to shove..

no matter what draw he is on and i think he is on a draw after seeing you raise to half your stack and not push all in.. your bet will just be about 190 and the pot is already 380 do he is going to get some pretty nice odds to try and hit his straight. I see alot of players with pairs and straight draws do this kind of play .. so after your 190 bet he will be getting 570 190 to call exactly 3:1 he needs about 25% equity in the pot.. if he has a pair and an oe then he is already there .. pair plus gutshot will be closer..

ww