Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Flopping Straight Flush Draw

Hero is UTG, $500, tight image, raises to $25 with 7 7
Four callers
($125) Flop 4 6 3 giving Hero an overpair and SFD. Hero Bets $100
UTG2, young Asian kid, LAG with only about $60 left, goes AI
SB, nerdy white guy, seems a little odd and appears to be a good player from the little I've seen raises to $300

What do you think so far? What do I do?

Comments

• chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    Bet smaller on flop. It looks like a decent flop for us, but we can be in super bad shape pretty easily. I'm not looking to play a big pot here. Snap Fold to the raise. The pot is protected with an all in player which weights the raiser towards a value hand , all of which beat 77. Even semi bluffs have massive equity.
  • JKH Posts: 835Subscriber
    I like the preflop raise I dont mind the c-bet, with the guy all in the raisers range is inheritantly stronger so folding is the best play in my opinion. I don't mind the large c-bet b/c it makes folding now easier.
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,239Member
    edited December 2016
  • workinghard Posts: 1,573Subscriber
    You say you have a tight image. Are you referring to how you see your own image or how you think others see your image? Do you think others are responding to your "image?"
    Based on this hand preflop, I would say it's very likely you either don't have a tight image and/or no one cares what your "image" is. Just food for thought.

As played, the preflop raise is questionable. I like a certain table dynamic to raise medium-small pairs UTG and I'm not convinced your table has it. If the table was tigher and players are folding hands like QT to raises, then it's OK.

The flop C-bet is OK so long as you don't get married to your overpair. What range of worse hands than yours do you feel the SB could have? A 6 ? unlikely. Or do you think he could have a set and you have a flush draw, straight draw, and over set draw so 14 outs? This feels like he has a non-nutted flush. something like J T

And finally, have a one-outter to a straight flush is no golden ticket to the river.
  • DavidChan Posts: 1,208Pro
    As stated earlier, cbet should be smaller. As played, fold is best.