Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Preflop starting hands

Hi everyone. I'm new to CLP, and am definitely enjoying the content so far. Does CLP have a recommended set of starting hands or something similar? If so, where can I find them?

Comments

• pokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    Download a hand range tool like poker cruncher and use the slider to see what 20% looks like and even cut some of those out like KTo. Start with those as your PF range, play TAG and as you get better and play deeper you can open things up a little. Post hands to get feedback. GL!
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,243Member
    edited December 2016
    Welcome to CLP @SamHirsch

Not aware of your poker background but my advice would be to play 88+ AQs AKo/s from the earliest most uncomfortable positions UTG1-3.
    You can expand that range from middle to late to BTN by following @pokertime's advice and down load poker cruncher and move the slider around to figure out different ranges, let me apologize for his response he's probably watching Football that's why it was short and sweet he's very detail oriented other wise.. :wink:
    You can expend your range to include suited connectors but those really play well in position and with deeper stacks.
    In addition, ranges change depending on your stack depth.
    This is extremely basic and vague and I apologize for that but what hands to play and from what positions will also depend on experience, table dynamic and post flop skill, if you stick to a tight range from any position for now and post some hands you've played this site will do its best to steer you in the right direction.
    I would probably get in the time machine and start listening to Bart's old pod casts and move on up to date.
    Good luck.