Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

PART 2 set over set

kdogmc Posts: 100Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Okay the first Villain's friend is sitting to my right. He is a better player than Villian 1 in the AA hand.

I know he's good and strike up a conversation. I ask him what he thought I had, and he says combo draw. I'm like WTF?
I thought this guy was pretty good. My line is so strong and he thinks combo draw. I don't know. I can't help myself and I'm so frustrated by blowing
that hand I say no 1010 how would you play it. And he says 250 on the flop. ( I don't think he knew there was 175 in there.) Put pressure
on AA guy to raise. And I'm like yeah yeah yeah. %&%$%#&&^%$^ I always bet out sets, but I just felt it seemed so strong. Ugh.

Okay now our hand. Effective stacks 1800

He raises 25, I have QQ in the cutoff and reraise to 80. He calls

Jc4d5d

I bet 125 he calls

Ks

I ......???

Comments

• WackabrewWackabrew Posts: 400Subscriber
    Bet/Fold, Bet/Fold
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,086Subscriber
    Agree again.. How many kings does this guy have? Maybe floating with AK but honestly I doubt he can raise you on the turn.

AND STOP DISCUSSING HANDS AT THE TABLE! you donk! confusedwink

I wouldnt want even a good player know that I understand hand reading etc... just keep em guessing..

ww
  • kdogmc Posts: 100Subscriber
    I agree its bad to discuss hands. Very bad leak of mine. Its a little tough because I play with the same people a lot and
    my worst poker attribute is my friendliness. Showing hands, talking hands, blah blah blah.

Generally I never show but at times I get dumb.

So whats funny about this hand is our discussion about the previous hand. He said the best route would be to bet out.

So K hits the turn and I bet 225. He calls. The river is a Q which finishes the straight but unless he has KK or A0d I'm not worried.

I bomb 600 and he snaps calls. He had a set lol. I guess JJ. He was hoping I would hang myself. He said if the river blanked no diamond
    he would bet out the river. In which i would fold. But he didn't use his own advice and bet the flop. Funny.
  • TDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
    This flop is very different to TT hand. Here he blocks TP so taking more passive line is better. I hate flopping top sets especially with AA or KK - very hard to get paid.