Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Set Vs Flush on the Turn

OMGitsWorm Posts: 272SubscriberProfessional
edited December 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
I'm a bit more than a part time player and my winnings help fund my life. I currently float between 7-8bb/hr and I want to get up to 10bb/hr next year. So I have some work to do and want CLP support.

Tonight was a $5/$5 game $200-$700.
I haven't had a over a $2k loss since 11/11/16. But it's like every month I have at least one big lose. Tonight I lost $2.3k and I need advice on these hands. I wasn't tilted and playing crappy hands after I lost a big pot. I think I had a different type of tilt where if had a decent enough hand I just wanted to get it and get some back and get some momentum.

What's the thoughts of playing over agrressive in these spots?!Were generally I'm infront but tonight I just value owned myself.

I'm playing what looks agressive and building that image. Opening and 3beting more than normal, but my pre flop hand distributions are making this happen.
I've shown one bluff for a $50 bet in a small pot.

Hand 1.
V I have played one hand with him 10min earlier and he limped called pre then donked into me with JJ for $50 on a Q 10 3 rainbow flop. Doesn't buy in full and not a good player.

V limps early to mid couple of other limpers I open the button to $30 and the V calls.
H 99 button

Flop
9 7 4

V donks $55
Hero raises $150
V calls $150

Turn 10

V checks and has $350 left
H bets $350? What is a better option?

Against a range of 10 10-QQ, AK A2, KQ-K9, QJ, J10, 68 my hand has 54% equity.
I bet the river because it's a pot size bet and I honestly had the V on an over pair more than a draw. And I wanted to protect my equity as I don't think V is ever folding an over or especially an over pair with a in it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Jacklamb Posts: 561Subscriber
    edited December 2016
    Just to start, would you use a more descriptive title so I know what I am getting into?
    As far as bet sizing, I like to keep things consistent. I like the flop raise to $150 given his stack size. If he checked I'd probably be betting $35, $100, $300 or so flop turn river. And not planning on getting off this hand unless 4 diamonds come. As played I'd probably bet $190 on the turn and shove any river. My reasoning is he will feel priced in when in reality he's committing himself to the pot and it doesn't really matter. It avoids blowing him off of hands he may choose to fold. Or just shove like you did. Table dynamics are relevant.
    Sometimes you can't avoid 2k losses but what you can avoid is tilt. I play full time and I will tell you sometimes there is nothing you could have done to profit in a session. If you play any fixed limit this will highlight that. NL can be deceptive because you convince yourself you could have bet more to get the guy to fold
    or bet less to save yourself money, but generally you want to keep sizing consistent and if you lose so be it especially with top set.
  • OMGitsWorm Posts: 272SubscriberProfessional
    Ok
  • BartBart Posts: 5,993AdministratorLeadPro
    edited December 2016
    Why don't you name these forum posts by the topic of the hand instead of titling by date?

I think that that will get more people to read them and have interest. Also most of us are American here.. 18/12/16 looks like Swahili to us :cool:

If you can't edit the post yourself, just respond here or PM me with how you want to title the hands and I will edit the posts.

Bart
  • Beatsme Posts: 587Subscriber
    The 350 bet ott is a big bet! I don't want to give him an excuse to fold anything. I would probably have bet 150-175 then getting the rest otr.... unless a 4th hits.
  • 2thdoctor Posts: 66Subscriber
    I have noticed this is a big leak in my game in my last couple NL sessions (I play more o8 limit so maybe I'm just not as comfortable with bet sizing). I overbet hands when I assume villians are committed to the pot when betting smaller on Turn/River gets the same money in with even more likelihood. I agree with the comments about not being nervous about the flush.

I've had nights where I've lost $600 and as I'm thinking more about the session I pat myself on teh back for ONLY losing $600 haha, sometimes the cards just aren't running good, and avoiding losing more is just as important a difference between the rec fish and more thinking players.