Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

5/5 Turn and river play out of position

MarcusMarcus Posts: 104Subscriber
edited December 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Hero is sitting with a winning image. 800 effective. Villain is an older decent player. I haven't seen him before be he seems to know what he is doing.

Fish limps utg and hero has QhJh in utg+1 and opens to 25. Villain calls next to act, btn calls Bbcalls and utg calls. Pot is 5 ways

125 flop. Board Kh8h4s. Chk, chk, hero leads for 70. Villain next to act makes it 170. It folds around to hero and hero calls.

465 turn 4h hero chks, villain bets 200. And hero calls.

865 river Th.... villain has about 450 behind. Hero ???

Comments

• pokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    Just check. You only hope is he tries to bluff Ah. Your hand is bad as far as you block cards you'd want to get looked up by assuming you had the best flush. IDK how a 9 or lower flush is going to hero call here. Maybe if you just do a silly $100 bet but I think your better off getting him to bluff a larger amount. Problem is your hand can easily look like AhKx.
  • OMGitsWorm Posts: 272SubscriberProfessional
    Why didn't you just get in on the turn? I probably doing that because V could have flopped a set and is never folding.

I would lead for value around $250. Trying to get called by a smaller heart. If V shoves you know your probably bet, player dependant on a fold.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,993AdministratorLeadPro
    OMGitsWorm said:
    Why didn't you just get in on the turn? I probably doing that because V could have flopped a set and is never folding.

Turned paired the board with the 4

Marcus I like a check on the flop 5 handed here. A cbet is very unlikely to get through and you do disguise your hand quite a bit.

I don't mind a check fold here at the end. All smaller flushes check back (there aren't many of them if he's only raising combo draws and nut flush draws, as well as AK w/o a heart. If he bets at the end you're toast vs turned nut flush and or AK w A --bart
  • BartBart Posts: 5,993AdministratorLeadPro
    pokertime said:
    Just check. You only hope is he tries to bluff Ah. Your hand is bad as far as you block cards you'd want to get looked up by assuming you had the best flush. IDK how a 9 or lower flush is going to hero call here. Maybe if you just do a silly $100 bet but I think your better off getting him to bluff a larger amount. Problem is your hand can easily look like AhKx.
    What hand is he bluffing with in the river trying to Rep the A that raised the flop and bet the turn? Way more likely that you are going to run into the A yourself or a boat if he bets the river.
  • MarcusMarcus Posts: 104Subscriber
    Bart said:
    OMGitsWorm said:

Turned paired the board with the 4

Marcus I like a check on the flop 5 handed here. A cbet is very unlikely to get through and you do disguise your hand quite a bit.

I don't mind a check fold here at the end. All smaller flushes check back (there aren't many of them if he's only raising combo draws and nut flush draws, as well as AK w/o a heart. If he bets at the end you're toast vs turned nut flush and or AK w A --bart
    Spoiler:
    You're spot on. I really got lost playing this hand out of position. If he was raising me with the nut flush draw then I am beat. If he was raising me with a set then I am beat on the turn too. The only three specific hands that I can see that he is raising me with on the flop are 56hh 57hh and 67hh. But On the river all those hands are probably checking behind because of the run out. In the heat of the moment I thought i could get looked up by a smaller flush so I value bet the river for 250 and he called with the A2hh.

• pokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    Bart said:
    pokertime said:
    What hand is he bluffing with in the river trying to Rep the A that raised the flop and bet the turn? Way more likely that you are going to run into the A yourself or a boat if he bets the river.
    I agree. I'm probably not explaining it well. I do expect a lot of check check rivers. He should only be betting Ah and boats. I've been sick and waking up in the middle of the night coughing and pass the time on the phone so I'm sure the cough syrup is having an effect to! :???: