Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 118: Podcast concepts in action II

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Forum Courtesy Guidelines

BartBart Posts: 5,081AdministratorLeadPro
edited December 2016 in Your Feedback
Courtesy in a good poker forum is very important. If you are familiar with 2+2 you know that there is an overwhelming culture of trolling and personal attacks which create a general negative atmosphere where new posters feel unwelcome. I don’t want this ever to be the case here on CLP.

Like I discussed on the podcast a few weeks ago, it is not difficult to phrase your criticisms of others in a polite, respectful way. By using phrases like “I think that this is a mistake..” as opposed to “that’s wrong..” we create the type of non hostile environment that is foreign to a lot of internet forums and posters do not come of as “all knowing”—something that can be very irritating to others in the community.

I certainly have been guilty of this in the past and I will actively follow these guidelines moving forward. We don’t really have forum mods besides myself but overall I am very happy with the way that these forums have turned out over the last few years. I’ve only ever removed two people from the site and both were guilty of constant personal attacks, name calling, trolling, etc, all of which have no place here.

So please, the next time you post take a extra few seconds to think about the way that you convey your thoughts and how they may be interpreted by the ones that you are directing them towards.

Thank you,

Bart
Tagged:
by 1nopair

Comments

• nofriends333 Posts: 811Troll
    Not a problem and i know you are referring to me but i will refrain from personal attacks Have a question. I hope that when i subscribed to CLP the owner or administrator of this site (you) does not know my real identity address etc etc. My privacy and personal info is my main concern
  • BartBart Posts: 5,081AdministratorLeadPro
    edited December 2016
    nofriends333 said:
    Not a problem and i know you are referring to me but i will refrain from personal attacks Have a question. I hope that when i subscribed to CLP the owner or administrator of this site (you) does not know my real identity address etc etc. My privacy and personal info is my main concern
    Actually I was not referring to you. I said that I was going to make this post several weeks ago and never got a chance to actually writing it.

This post spawns from my ban of a member (that I will not mention here but rhymes with Montana and savanna) that happened about a month ago. Bart
  • nofriends333 Posts: 811Troll
    the second part of my question was not answered . If you prefer sending me a private message i would appreciate it thanks
  • PokerMentorXLIX Posts: 143Subscriber
    I agree with this idea we need to not tell people they suck when they suck. It's based on the idea if ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Which is the main reason I don't Comment on a lot of posts.

• Agreed.
    PokerMentorXLIX said:
    I agree with this idea we need to not tell people they suck when they suck. It's based on the idea if ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Which is the main reason I don't Comment on a lot of posts.

This I disagree with, the main reason I post my thought processes in forums is for people who know better to criticise them. If someone thinks something I have said is stupid, I hope they will say it and why they think it.

But in the theme of the post, there are clearly nice ways and asshole ways to go about it.
  • GSpot Posts: 97Subscriber
    This is an example of the culture that Bart cultivates and is one of many reasons why CLP is a fantastic site. Further, while it is simply common decency/sense, it does need to be said..it is a life lesson that can simply be applied to all areas not just commenting and analyzing Poker.
  • Fletch23 Posts: 86Subscriber
    I just want to add that I've been a longtime off-and-on poster at 2+2. I recently went back there because I want to tighten up my game, and I quickly remembered why I left. Besides the arrogant and rude people, there a lot of people who just answer posts with "shove, obviously" or "wrong" without any sort of elaboration.

So a friend suggested I come here, that it was a much more mature forum. It's only been a couple days, but I can see that's correct.

Hopefully I'll be here for a long time.

Nice to meet you all.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,081AdministratorLeadPro
    Cool @fletch23 welcome to the forums and I hope that you consider subscribing to the site. If you subscribe you get access to our CLP SLack channel where a lot of the people in the community chat in real time.

Bart
  • MXRider Posts: 53Subscriber
    Fletch23 said:
    I just want to add that I've been a longtime off-and-on poster at 2+2. I recently went back there because I want to tighten up my game, and I quickly remembered why I left. Besides the arrogant and rude people, there a lot of people who just answer posts with "shove, obviously" or "wrong" without any sort of elaboration.

So a friend suggested I come here, that it was a much more mature forum. It's only been a couple days, but I can see that's correct.

Hopefully I'll be here for a long time.

Nice to meet you all.

We all know you suck Fletch23!

p.s. I'm the friend that asked him to come over :)