Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Flop spot 1-2 nl $950 effective

JKH Posts: 835Subscriber
edited January 2017 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Villian is 75 year old Asian rec player. Tends to overplay hands, plays hands very hard likes to quit as soon as he gets deeper.
History 30 mins prior to hand in question: Villian opended to 15 mid position 1300 effective hero 3 bet to 40 with kq
Flop t64 rainbow villian led 50 on flop hero raises 150 Villian called, turn 2 completes rainbow, villian led 40 hero raises to 600 Villian hummed and hawed for 5 minutes and folded kk face up, hero bluff got through , hero did not show hand to table or Villian.

Actual hand

Non relevant Villian 1 (700 deep) raises utg to 10, non relevant Villian 2 calls behind (400 deep) relevant Villian (950 deep) raises to 35 on button. Hero looks down at a 3 in sb and calls. Both non relevant villians call.
Four ways to flop: (140) t 9 4 checked to relevant Villian On button who bets 200

Hero?

Heros read is Villian has overpair

Comments

• pokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    I think I just call as I feel he's strong and not folding. He folded top of his range once so he's more likely to stick around the second time which should mean you can get value if you hit. He could even have a set of T here. If we wiff turn we may just give up and if we hit I think we can get a bet out of him OTT. He will want to see a river especially if he has a big heart or set.
    by 1JKH
  • JKH Posts: 835Subscriber
    edited January 2017
    pokertime said:
    I think I just call as I feel he's strong and not folding. He folded top of his range once so he's more likely to stick around the second time which should mean you can get value if you hit. He could even have a set of T here. If we wiff turn we may just give up and if we hit I think we can get a bet out of him OTT. He will want to see a river especially if he has a big heart or set.

I really like that line and it is the line I took (I will update results soon) but I am wondering the merits of shipping it all in with 39% equity vs non discounted combo"s of a range of aa-tt (I actually think aa and tt could be discounted b/c player would not overbet so scarded. And JJ&QQ are most common with massive overplay scarded fastplay.

Any thoughts anyone?
    I really appreciate all comments
  • JKH Posts: 835Subscriber
    edited January 2017
    Spoiler:

I checked the flop.... Villian bet $200 I called both non relevant villians folded
    Turn 9 I checked and Villian bet $200 I min raised with my flush to $400 he called.
    River was an offsuit 3
    I went all in for Villians last $500

He tanked for literally 10 minutes and then called with JJ.

#solid1-2sessiontostarttheyear