Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/3

I appreciate everyone's in put on coaching. I'm going to take the great advice and use my subsciption here more wisely. 1/3 nl. There is a raise from middle position to 17 from a good thinking player. We have lots of history. There is one caller I've never played with before. I have Aces on the button. Should I min raise to 35 to and try and get some action or make it larger and basically turn my hand face up and take it down pre.

Comments

• pokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    I'd go a little more like $40-45. Since your on the BTN he may see it as a position raise and come back over or at the very least call. No ned to get too tricky at 1/3.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    Preflop is your best chance to get value here. I'd make it at least 45.
    Also , stack sizes matter since we'd like to be able to get stacks in gradually if we get lucky and our opponent flops top pair / overpair.

If you can't get a call preflop at $45, you probably need to loosen up your image. Show a bluff now and then , or 3bet wider in position every now and then , etc.
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,464Subscriber
    Stack sizes would be helpful. I would size a little larger to $50, $55, or even $60. It really depends on your history and your image, assuming you're a female. Let his ego get the better of him.
  • Fiestagirl Posts: 40Subscriber
    two fifty effective. I did make it 50. Took it down pre.
  • irwinbetirwinbet Posts: 408Subscriber
    I think you can size it larger without "turning your hand face up". Your sizing shouldn't be based on just the strength of your hand.
  • HeyWayne Posts: 20Subscriber
    $50 is a fine raise unless you're super tight PF you should normally get action in this spot. CLP is definitely a good service and can help you beat the games. Go trough the curriculums.