Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

AA vs fish in interesting spot SPR small

ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
edited February 2017 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
I spoke to @squishy about this hand and we disagree on it so I thought i would post it and get feedback from everyone.

First of all this guy is a complete fish. limps and calls way way to wide.. He shows up around 11 most times I see him and will play in the overnight games.. I have NEVER seen him during the day.. He also normally orders food and plays until he busts his one buy in and then leaves. I have also never seen him get up and leave as a winner. So his normal MO is to keep calling pre and folding weak hands until he gets short then goes all in pre if he senses weakness or hits say top 40% of his range..

I have around 1000 after moving from a much tougher game. I am on his direct left and he has about 600 to start the hand. He limps UTG and from UTG1 I raise to 25 with AA.. MP1 also calls and he is a good reg.. pot is $80 after rake

Flop K 3 6 r.. villain checks I bet 50 both call. pot $230

Turn os 3 completing the rainbow and now vil bet $120.. So this guy can lead a draw a 3 a 6 a king .. So I think its pretty standard for me to call. reg folds.. pot is now $470

River 5.. Villain bet $200 has about $200 or so left..

Hero?

Tagged:

Comments

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    I actually kinda like clicking it up on the turn. Makes it so that we almost always stack a K and allows us to get some extra money from a draw not.

AP i'm shoving, We are going to get stacked vs a 3 sometimes I think he has enough Kx to out weight that.
  • Rysher8 Posts: 234Subscriber
    edited February 2017
    This seems like classic "way ahead way behind". This guy calls with anything preflop, so a 3 is certainly in his range. The key for me is that he led out the turn for what he would likely consider a large bet, then continued with that action on the river. I'm still probably calling, but I think there's a better chance you're up against 66 or 3x instead of Kx. It's also possible you're up against a two pair hand that got counterfeited and now you beat. Either way I don't see much reason to raise here.
  • pocket11s Posts: 141Subscriber
    edited February 2017
    This sucks, but there's not much you can do but call/call and hope he shows Kx. Raising at any point looks too thin, and folding too nitty. You'd think a fish is more likely to c/r turn with 3x or better, but who knows.

Sorry he turned over 43s.
  • SKOOSKOO Posts: 160Subscriber
    I feel like it's a call down.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    Knowing the player better would help to know if he traps with 3x ott, and/or if he would think Kx is the nuts. As described, I can potentially see this player trapping with 3x (x/r turn instead of bet), and also thinking KQ or KJ is the nuts. I think we should raise all in on the river to get called by Kx.
  • hustlin Posts: 316Subscriber
    i like a raise if he can call down with any Kx. hes a fish so its probable.
    call down is ok too.
  • GrindThroughIt Posts: 27SubscriberProfessional
    I really prefer a raise on this river. As described, I think this player has too many Kx in his range that he'd play this way; fishy thought process doesn't want to risk the turn checking through and one of you rivering your straight or set or some other monster under the bed draw you have, so he donks his Kx. Then when you just call, he thinks his K is the nuts so he bets it again on the river for "value". I find it highly unlikely he folds his last $200 when you put it in on the river.

Regarding 3x and 66, I feel this player is way more likely to c/r the turn with those hands on such a dry board (especially 66), and also to open-ship the river, not bet just $200. Feels a lot like KQ-K9.
  • bleedtilt Posts: 126Subscriber
    Im always raising the river and never feeling bad about it.
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Results?
  • fishcake Posts: 998Subscriber
    Can't believe people think this is a flat.....
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    Well I was surprised by his river bet.. I mean I called his bet on turn. Although I think he is a fish I also don't think he had as many Kings in his range that he would play this way..

So that meant he either had a bluff.. hit a straight or had a 3.. So I don't think I can fold for this price I don't think he is calling a raise with worse so I called..

Spoiler:
    He had T3 suited..
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,450Subscriber
    TURN

Didn't see results.... Due to the player behind and the nature of the board I would just call here on the turn. We can only hope the player behind has KQ. If you raise you are making the reg behind play perfect.

I often see bad players donk betting when the board pairs trying to rep trips with a draw or some bad middle pair hand. I can see 54 here on the turn for him.

RIVER
    Consideration #1 - If he plays loose but not reasonable ..... I lean on looking him up because there are very few SCs with a 3 or Axs with a 3 since you hold 2 of them. If he plays very loose like any suited and I might lean on folding more as there are more 3s in his range.

Consideration #2 - Does he bluff this large ever? A $200 bet from a bad player is a big bet even though it is an absolute value. Only from LAGs and maniacs do I see this

Consideration #3 - Why did he only bet 1/2p? Why not shove? is he scared you have KKs full which would make sense for the call. Another thing I see bad players do when they don't have the nuts.

Consideration #4 - does he limp or raise with big pairs, 66, 33 etc in EP.

Consideration #5 - Reads on the turn and river. If everything is equal then I would have to weigh this in the equation.