Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Surreal Advantage Podcast No. 63: Heads up for Trolls

Craig Posts: 683Administrator
Daliman discusses the HU4ROLLZ du jour and why they happen, plus talks a bit about Durrrr's reappearance on the poker scene.

Episode posts at 2 PM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/heads-up-for-trolls

Comments

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Tom put out the challenge, just because full tilt promotes it doesn't mean Tom can just pull out of a challenge. tom made the challenge, there was no caveat that if full tilt goes down then jungle man gets screwed. If tom was finically reliant on full tilt that was his risk jungle man shouldn't be punished for that. Also, tom said he escrowed the 1.5m to ivey and then didn't, I don't see how that isn't a scummy move when jungle escrowed the 500k. That is why you escrow, so that each player is guarantied the money. If this happens the other way around tom gets paid out because jungle was honest and actually put up the money.

I get that tom got put in a really tough spot by full tilt going down but that doesn't mean he still doesn't owe money. He could of at least of been open about it and put forward a plan to settle up sometime in the future. It seems like every few years there is a rumor that they are going to finish the challenge but it never seems to happen.

IMO tom obviously owes jungle the 1.5M at least, and in actuality i think he owes him quite a bit more in his equity over the remaining 35K hands or so. Tom wasn't on jungles level way back then and now i don't think they would even be comparable as players. I'd say as a conservative estimate jungles equity over the remaining 35K hands is somewhere around 2M.

Also the challenge vs patrick didn't finish because patrick bought out so i don't see the relevance in that.