Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

*** 2/5 AK vs. very tight 3bettor

ClockClock Posts: 1,064Subscriber
2/5 1K cap
HERO - God like image - 4K+ stack
Villain - very tight mid aged black guy. He's a rec player, but he's a reg at the casino.
Plays tight pre and very conservative post

HERO (covers) raises UTG to 25 with A K, a reg (600) player calls, folded to V in BB ($2.5K), he 3bets to 85 (he not messing around - I think it's always value. Maybe he has AQs sometimes...maybe.. but it's big PP and AK heavy)
we both call
Flop (250) K T 6 - V bets 110 HERO calls, other reg folds
Turn (470) J - V checks, HERO checks behind - should I be betting?
FYI: I think V can play AA this way - he much more very likely to pot control vs. go for thin value.

River (470) 3 - V checks, HERO?

I think at this point I'm putting him on QQ or AK.
So the question is - should I be trying to get hero call from QQ (considering I checked back the turn - should look fishy :???: )
...or should I try to BLAST him of a chop?
Tagged:

Comments

  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,739Subscriber
    edited April 2017
    Depending on how tight he is the i think we can safely fold AK pre flop OOP to a 3bet. To some guys this is only KK+ maybe QQ+

    Here though it looks like QQ haha. If I do bet and I probably will I would bet really small and fold to a raise. bet like 70 bucks. maybe we can go 100.

    Also Im not betting turn. Its like the delayed c-bet Bart talks about. This spot IMO gives a great example of checking and seeing his action on next street to gain more info. If we bet turn here and he calls, hes probably checking close to 100% of his hands on river to us. If we check turn then his action says quite a bit to us and we can play much better against it. Now i dont thnk this is for eveyr player but just really tight straight post players.
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    I think pre is a must call.

    AP I would bet around 1/2 pot
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,214Member
    I think he folds QQ to any sizing OTR but will always call with AA+/AK, I'd check back and chop up the reg.'s $85.
    by 1Beatsme
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,064Subscriber
    NEVERLEARN2 said:
    Depending on how tight he is the i think we can safely fold AK pre flop OOP to a 3bet. To some guys this is only KK+ maybe QQ+
    To clarify, I'm IP. I'm UTG and he's BB.
    I think folding is WAY too nitty given small 3bet size, plus there's another player who I thought was very likely to call.
    Even if it's only QQ+ I'm getting a price to see the flop.


  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,739Subscriber
    ^^^
    Sorry for the confusion, thought roles reversed for some reason. Just feel for some, not all obv, we can safely fold AKo pre. not saying this guy is it though.

    either way we got TPTK with AK here. Interested n results.
  • Beatsme Posts: 536Subscriber
    Is he really going to fire a c bet in to 2 players in a 3 bet pot with QQ? I think he checks the flop a lot here if he is in fact conservative. He could be taking a check call line with AA and AK just bc he is deep and oop. I think we should check this back
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    I guess the fact that we can run into AA can make this a check back.
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,064Subscriber
    edited April 2017
    Beatsme said:
    Is he really going to fire a c bet in to 2 players in a 3 bet pot with QQ? I think he checks the flop a lot here if he is in fact conservative. He could be taking a check call line with AA and AK just bc he is deep and oop. I think we should check this back
    Look at the flop bet size - very small.
    It's a very wet board - he might be scared to give free cards, but doesn't want to bet too big 'cause he doesn't have much with QQ.
    Like a blocker/EQ protection bet.
    I find that tight players often bet "for protection" in spots where it doesn't make any fucking sense to bet - they bet anyway.
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,064Subscriber
    stayinschool said:
    I guess the fact that we can run into AA can make this a check back.
    Is it likely for him to play AA so, so passive though?
    I can see on the turn for pot control, but now on the river after I checked back and all draws bricked...I dunno.
    If he checks - he should be expecting me to check behind a lot I would think, so he gets almost nothing out his AA. Not sure...
  • AJoff Posts: 546Subscriber
    This guy is never checking AK to check/fold. If I had TT and accidentally checked turn, I would shove.
  • Beatsme Posts: 536Subscriber
    Clock said:
    Beatsme said:
    Is he really going to fire a c bet in to 2 players in a 3 bet pot with QQ? I think he checks the flop a lot here if he is in fact conservative. He could be taking a check call line with AA and AK just bc he is deep and oop. I think we should check this back
    Look at the flop bet size - very small.
    It's a very wet board - he might be scared to give free cards, but doesn't want to bet too big 'cause he doesn't have much with QQ.
    Like a blocker/EQ protection bet.
    I find that tight players often bet "for protection" in spots where it doesn't make any fucking sense to bet - they bet anyway.
    I get where your coming from. I'll say that in my experience with very conservative players that is not a small c bet. They automatically start trying to get to showdown. I think their frame of mind is is more on the side of "I'm deep and I could loose a big chunk of my stack here... I can't fold this hand and I'm opp. Better not bloat this pot too much"
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,064Subscriber
    edited April 2017
    Spoiler:


    So I was going back & forth with sizing on the river.
    Ultimately I decided that he's more likely to 3bet QQ than AK - cause he's so tight, so I tried to get thin value from QQ and bet 200
    V thought for a while and called with AK.

    I think there's a decent chance that If I bet like 5-600 he might fold AK...

  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,214Member
    You peg him as tight don't think he 3! AK yet you expect to get called by QQ on that run out by a Tight player???
    Don't see the logic.
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,064Subscriber
    Letmewin1 said:
    You peg him as tight don't think he 3! AK yet you expect to get called by QQ on that run out by a Tight player???
    Don't see the logic.
    I didn't say he won't 3bet AK, I just thought it's more likely than he would 3bet QQ than AK.
    He def tight that's why I checked back the turn.
    Now on the river, it's pretty obvious that I have best hand (or chopping) so I have to try to get some value, right?
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,214Member
    Clock said:
    Letmewin1 said:
    You peg him as tight don't think he 3! AK yet you expect to get called by QQ on that run out by a Tight player???
    Don't see the logic.
    I didn't say he won't 3bet AK, I just thought it's more likely than he would 3bet QQ than AK.
    He def tight that's why I checked back the turn.
    Now on the river, it's pretty obvious that I have best hand (or chopping) so I have to try to get some value, right?
    ok
Sign In or Register to comment.