Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No. 293: 3Bet Pots

Craig Posts: 714Administrator
This month, Tuck examines 3bet pots in hopes of making us all more comfortable in these situations

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/3bet-pots

Episode posts at 2PM ET
Tagged:

Comments

• deadinaditchdeadinaditch Posts: 226Subscriber
    The dealer's cute but why is she wearing headphones?
  • wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 422Subscriber
    Dave Tuchman:
    In that last hand I dont know why he would bet the lower flush draw that missed. You assume most likely the villian has KK or QQ and hes not folding them. And he isn't the way the hand way played I would think because with 2 As on the board its less likely you have an A plus would you chk an A on that board? Probably not. Therefore I'm not sure I'm bluffing here on the river because I expect KK and QQ to call. DO you think this is a good river bluff? I'm not sure it is. Just because it doesnt have good showdown value doesnt mean you should bluff.
  • DavidTuchman Posts: 786Pro
    wildncrazyguy said:
    Dave Tuchman:
    In that last hand I dont know why he would bet the lower flush draw that missed. You assume most likely the villian has KK or QQ and hes not folding them. And he isn't the way the hand way played I would think because with 2 As on the board its less likely you have an A plus would you chk an A on that board? Probably not. Therefore I'm not sure I'm bluffing here on the river because I expect KK and QQ to call. DO you think this is a good river bluff? I'm not sure it is. Just because it doesnt have good showdown value doesnt mean you should bluff.
    Lots of good stuff here to address. First off, thanks for the comment.

Something you said that makes a ton of sense here >>> "just because you don't have showdown value, doesn't mean you should bluff."

So TRUE!!! We all need to recognize when we should give up and not lose more $$$$ chasing our chips.

As for this specific spot, should we be bluffing with T9ss, I think it's an opponent specific question, but as I mentioned on the video, if you do bluff here, make sure the sizing is appropriate. By betting we're repping a very strong hand and we should probably be betting an amount that never looks like just two pair. We don't want our opponent thinking maybe you're value betting JTss on the river

As for this spot, I don't know "Wolf" or his perception of Train, but absent any knowledge, I don't think it's a terrible spot to bluff for a few reasons.

1. We should have some bluffs here if we ever want to get paid. Otherwise, can't our opponents always fold when we bet?

2. T9ss is one of the worst hands we'll ever have in this spot so that might be the kind of hand we turn into a bluff

3. When Train checks back turn, he can still have a lot of aces in his range. In fact, many players would see his river bet and think, "if he were bluffing, why wouldn't he bluff turn too?"

4. The perception is that this is a terrible spot to bluff so a thinking poker player may actually think it's less likely for you to bluff.

End of the day, if you're playing against someone who can't fold and will always pay you off, then make the appropriate adjustments.

Hope that helps

~ Tuck

• wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 422Subscriber
    I just dont think most opponents are folding here because they would think you would be trip aces on the turn, esp with draws present with a bloated pot. DO you really think he has a lot of aces on this turn with this board? Questionable. The main point Im making is most people arent folding kk or qq on the river with this action hence its a bad bluff and its more likely he has those hands than a flush draw like we have, know what i mean? I mean I'm calling w KK or QQ because you have more busted draws in your range than Ax and you checked a draw heavy turn with a bloated pot. DO I make sense?