Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Daily Deep Stack Feedback Requested

GSpot Posts: 97Subscriber
CLP Peeps- mapping out 2017 WSOP, going to focus on deeper stack events including the daily's. Which Daily Deep Stack event do you think favors a cash game player and provides more play?

$235-$15K stack with 30 minute levels
vs.
$365-$20K stack with 20 minute levels

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,820AdministratorLeadPro
    edited April 2017
    GSpot said:
    CLP Peeps- mapping out 2017 WSOP, going to focus on deeper stack events including the daily's. Which Daily Deep Stack event do you think favors a cash game player and provides more play?

$235-$15K stack with 30 minute levels
    vs.
    $365-$20K stack with 20 minute levels

Neither.

Cash game players have to understand that 90% of your expectation in most tournaments (especially turbos like these) come when under 30BBs. Searching for structures that give us an edge in the first two levels is the wrong way to go about looking at it. The time loss in those early rounds do to the size of the levels makes a deeper structure more likely then $$ per hour than a deeper structure. If you want a structure that rewards patience then search out for extended play or marathon structures. Again you will be playing more time for the same or less $$, so far less hourly.

On another note if you are going to fire off at these levels why not just take multiple shots at "the Giant" which I believe is every Friday night for $345?
  • GSpot Posts: 97Subscriber
    Bart, i hadn't noticed the Giant so appreciate calling attention to it. I will play that event...
    by 1Bart
  • LesterDiamondLesterDiamond Posts: 152Subscriber
    @bart What's your thoughts on the $1500 Monster stack tournament for a winning 5/5-5/10 player as a tourney choice based on length and structure vs say millionaire maker or multiple bullets @ collussus?
  • BartBart Posts: 5,820AdministratorLeadPro
    LesterDiamond said:
    @bart What's your thoughts on the $1500 Monster stack tournament for a winning 5/5-5/10 player as a tourney choice based on length and structure vs say millionaire maker or multiple bullets @ collussus?
    My thoughts are that all tournaments are all basically the same structure and that they only difference is length of levels, like the Main event or extended play marathon structures. Monster stack gives you more chips in the beginning but the average stack towards the end isnt much more than the other tournaments. Plus it takes longer to play and for a winning cash game player that is bad.

Ive always said that Millionmaker is the best tourney of the summer besides the main. And you can re entrer one time, monster you cannot. I think Millionmaker gets like 7000 entrants.

Bart