Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Turn play with bottom set on wet board..

ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
Was feeling just wasted after my week of traveling and prepping for my workshop last week so didnt play this weekend until last night. Hustler games back to being quiet after the tourney left to commerce.. 2 games going until around 9 pm when a third must move opened. Not much happening and two players left.

Two players move from must move and both used to be regs until the buy in was raised to 1000 from 500. One is pretty nitty and the other is weak. Weak player bought in for 300 and I have played basically one hand with him

hams doubles the weak player

Weak player limps in ep.. I am in the co with T9cc and raise to 25 to iso him. He would be very weak here unless he limp reraises then I know he has a premium because that's how he plays.. he calls..

Flop J 7 x two hearts.. he checks I cbet 40 into the 50 ish pot.. he calls pretty quickly..

Turn beautiful 8 .. he checks. I think he is likely on a draw or has some weak jack. so I am going to size up my bet.. I bet $140.. he calls very fast..

River 9 he checks and I decide to just go ahead and put him all in.. he snaps and says he has straight flush.. So he limped with T7 of spades and then calls down to river and calls off.. note he didnt lead river..

So he started with $300 now has $900 after winning a few other pots in the two or 3 hours since that first hand.

Vil limps utg.. one other limper I have 33 and I decide to overlimp in the hj co limps and both blinds check their option. 6 to flop..

3 8 4 ch to vil who bets $35.. now this is over pot.. pot is only $30 so this almost always means an overpair that he didn't get a raise from someone else pre.. because the board is so wet I don't think he is going to fold right away. Next to act folds and it's on me I decide to go ahead and raise now since we are both deep. I raise to $100..folds back to him and he calls pretty quickly. $230

Turn J he checks and I again figure he has an overpair.. Mostly AA-QQ maybe TT and JJ.. he also can have hands with an 8 in it. as well as combo draws.. So again I decide to bet bigger.. I bet $150.. he quickly check raises me to $450.. he has about $300-$400 left..

hero?

Tagged:

Comments

• MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    edited May 2017
    Unpleasant. Were way behind 44/88/JJ (if you're correct about his big pair tendencies). Way ahead of a weirdly played AA, and maybe J8s/43s (?). So we're anywhere from 45-50% equity. Seems border line either way you go. I lean toward a call/shove in these spots as I hate to fold my sets.

Any chance villain plays something like AcJc this way?

• pokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    Jam it in an go home if you lose. He could have binked JJ but he has QQ+ in his range if he plays the way you said. Wanted to re raise PF everyone limped now he's dying to get it in. I can't fold if this fits into V style over limping big pairs and then going crazy post if he doesn't get the re raise situation he wanted post. I know a few players like this as well.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    MonadPrime said:
    Unpleasant. Were way behind 44/88/JJ (if you're correct about his big pair tendencies). Way ahead of a weirdly played AA, and maybe J8s/43s (?). So we're anywhere from 45-50% equity. Seems border line either way you go. I lean toward a call/shove in these spots as I hate to fold my sets.

Any chance villain plays something like AcJc this way?

probably not.. but not out of the realm of possibility..