Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Straddled pot $5/$5

OMGitsWorm Posts: 272SubscriberProfessional
After some feed back on this $5/5 hand I played.
Haven't played a hand at this table and only sat down. Most players know who I am, know I'm aggressive in spots.
Effective stacks are $700

V is an old rich bloke that I have played many hands with. I generally try avoid bluffing him because he gets sticky with his hands. Won $14k in a tournie the other week when he came 9th. But I have played him today to see what mood he is in.

Utg returns to the table and decides to straddle to $10, 1 caller, V calls mid, 3 others call.I'm in the BB and have 7 7 I decided to raise to $65. I think I probably should of made it $80. I will raise all my value hands here because of the dead money. I do think 77 is in front of the fields limping range. V calls and 1 other calls, others fold. His range here should consist of mainly suited hands and all pairs that he didn't want to raise. Suited hands Ax, twenty hands and maybe 10 9.

Pot $225

J 8 5

I feel this is an ok board to continue with. I do have some back door straight equity. Suited board texture can hit V calling range and possibly hit a J.
I bet $200 probably slightly to large should of went for $175 ish. V calls, the field player folds.
Pot $625
V either now has a J or a flush draw. I'm not sure I will get him to fold the turn and I'm not continuing if I don't pick up any equity.

Turn 9

I decide to go all in for $435 because I have picked up those straight outs. I think I have a 30% chance of getting him to fold a Jack if he has one, I'm expecting to get called by all flush draws.
I think a bet here is correct to keep telling the story other wise I would be check/folding the turn when V bets.

I'm after feed back on this hand, mistakes and how to improve. Going through some run bad/playing bad atm and I'm trying to work out whether it's more variance or just playing bad.
Tagged:

Comments

• Letmewin1 Posts: 1,239Member
    edited May 2017
    You bet near pot OTF with a marginal holding, got called by some one that you described as unbluffble and yet you still shove turn on a pretty bad card for you, variance you ask?
  • OMGitsWorm Posts: 272SubscriberProfessional
    Letmewin1 said:
    You bet near pot OTF with a marginal holding, got called by some one that you described as unbluffble and yet you still shove turn on a pretty bad card for you, variance you ask?
    During the hand I actually thought the turn was a good card as in giving me some extra equity to bet all in. I did also mention there is a slight percentage he could fold a top pair and with that turn my thought was to bet and hopefully get that fold. I wouldn't fire all in if the turn didn't help me.

How would you play my hand given the action Pre? Are you just calling Pre? Raising Pre and checking all flops you don't hit a set?

• maphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    edited May 2017
    Unless people limp/fold a lot and we can take it down or get it hu most of the time, I would normally just call this hand. Pay attention if the first limper is likely to fold. We don't want an accordeon effect because the hand plays pretty bad multiway oop.

Raising to 100 is also fine.

I would check/fold this flop.

After the flop bet we have to stick it in with a double gutter.
  • OMGitsWorm Posts: 272SubscriberProfessional
    maphacks said:
    Unless people limp/fold a lot and we can take it down or get it hu most of the time, I would normally just call this hand. Pay attention if the first limper is likely to fold. We don't want an accordeon effect because the hand plays pretty bad multiway oop.

Raising to 100 is also fine.

I would check/fold this flop.

After the flop bet we have to stick it in with a double gutter.
    I did think most people would fold Pre that's why I bet. I do seem to take more aggressive line and that can bring more variance to your game. My records show it's a style that works for me. That is the reason I fired the turn.
    With me 77 is on that border of raising or calling and I will mix it up. I do like your idea of even making $100 pre. Given my raise size in this hand I should of checked the flop I'm starting to feel. No being results oriented but thinking more of the correct line.

Even heads up if you raised to $100 and got 1 caller are you checking back that flop and only betting 6 high flops, 4 5 6 flops or if you hit a set?