Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Surreal Advantage Podcast No. 66: Bad bankroll advice, live betting, and more!

Craig Posts: 685Administrator
Daliman answers some emails and forum questions, and gives some questionable advice on how to build a bankroll.

Episode posts at 2 PM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/bad-bankroll-advice-live-betting-and-more

Comments

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    I guess i'll pull back on a few of my comments, because I do understand the really tough spot Tom got put in by FullTilt, and I agree that at this point settling for some % of the original bet makes the most sense.

However, most of my dislike towards Tom on this subject has to do with the escrow situation. I'm not sure what the exact details were but I believe the deal was that they would each escrow the money to Ivey before the challenge, which would help avoid a situation like this one. Jungle escrowed his $ and maybe, if Tom was getting backed by full Tilt, it's their fault that the money wasn't put up. Either way, if there was an agreement to escrow, even if full tilt was putting up the money, it seems a least a little dishonest for Tom to start the challenge before the money was put up.

I'm not saying Tom had any ill intent but he at least acted irresponsibly in not making sure that his side of the bet was put up before the challenge started. That said, I understand the spot he was in and think some type of settlement is probably the best Jungle can expect.
  • DalimanDaliman Posts: 149Pro
    Agree with most of what you're saying, although I know no details about the escrow at all, or even if there was one. Obv I'm biased for Tom because we're friends, but I can still understand Jungle's frustration.