Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

£1/2 donk spot on flop

So playing a deep 1/2 game 5 handed.
It's around 6 hours into the session.
V1 - 400, very aggressive whale
V2 - 120, tight unknown played 1 hand no SD
Hero - 650, tag image

V1 UTG bets 8 V2 calls folds to hero on Button with QQdh

Hero 3bets to 42 (game required larger than usual sizing)
V1 thinks for a while and calls, v2 calls

Pot - 126
Flop KT7 dds
V1 checks, v2 shoves for 78 all in.

Hero - ???

Points to consider -
If i do flat and v1 shoves then I'm in a horrible spot.
If i shove, v1 would never fold Kx
We have a diamond blocker

Thank you for your thoughts

Comments

• nopair Posts: 350Subscriber
    When you typed the guy with 120 called 42 of it, I thought, wtf? Then, oh, okay, he's going to lead the flop regardless and try and get some fold equity.

Call. If V1 comes over the top, you are beat so fold.

This is actually a good spot, not a horrible one. You probably have V2 beat, but if not you don't lose too much. If V1 wants to come over the top, revealing that he thinks he can beat V2 for the main pot, then you have an easy fold.
  • MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    nopair said:
    When you typed the guy with 120 called 42 of it, I thought, wtf? Then, oh, okay, he's going to lead the flop regardless and try and get some fold equity.

Call. If V1 comes over the top, you are beat so fold.

This is actually a good spot, not a horrible one. You probably have V2 beat, but if not you don't lose too much. If V1 wants to come over the top, revealing that he thinks he can beat V2 for the main pot, then you have an easy fold.
    This.
  • Acidhauss Posts: 291Subscriber
    I wouldnt really worry about the crazy guy as expect him to peel quite wide preflop. I would therefore just treat it as a heads up pot.

I would actually fold in this spot, as people overplay hands like KQo, KJo, many people will play AK very passively at £1/£2.
    We need about 30% equity to call. Against AK, KQ, KJs, KTs, TT we have only 13%. If we add in JJ and some nut flush draws we have just enough equity to call. I think because of the sizing I dont think many offsuit Tx like QTo would peel, but thats my opinion more than anything.

I think it is quite close though and would call any smaller amount.

• Mrbrbutton Posts: 12Subscriber
    Thanks for the feedback gents!

Spoiler - I folded - both had AJ for gutshot, Q on the river for me to fill up, give them the straight and stack another £300 from v1 :/