Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

fold or call with set on the turn 2/5 NL

2/5 NL $300-$1000 buy in
H: mid 20's neutral image only been at table for an hour or so
V: Older guy probably in his 50's. I have played with him a bunch but its been a while and he is fairly nitty.
V has $900, H covers

MP limps, V makes it $30 in HJ, H calls with 4 4 on the button. Limper calls as well
Flop ($95) A 5 4 V makes it $65, H calls, limper calls pretty quickly
Turn ($290) 6 limper checks, V checks fairly quick, H bets $200. limper tank folds, and V after 5 seconds announces all-in for about $600 on top.

Does V just have to have AA here? There is no way he makes this move with AK and very few two pairs are in his range. What do you do here?

Comments

• pokertime Posts: 2,180Subscriber
    Was $30 his standard open? I'd say a nitty guy is going to have AA a lot. Pretty strong line with the turn CR AI. it sucks but we are supposed to bet fold in general.
  • rinkers2003 Posts: 84Member
    pokertime said:
    Was $30 his standard open? I'd say a nitty guy is going to have AA a lot. Pretty strong line with the turn CR AI. it sucks but we are supposed to bet fold in general.

I hadn't really seen him open at all since I had sat down at the table

• bingyian Posts: 90Subscriber
    I think this is a call. Sucks when he has it. But I don't think we can say he NEVER have Ak. People do weird stuff and spazz. Also I don't expect him to go for the check raise too often with a set on this board. He would be very sacred of it getting checked through. I'm probably doing an "fml call"
  • Rocketman74Rocketman74 Posts: 451Subscriber
    edited June 2017
    fold... he's not tight and doing this with one pair and he has very few 2P hands here (given the PF action)

funny thing is... I mostly raise the flop and go broke if he 4bets
  • MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    Are 55/66 in his opening range over a limper? How about A6s/A5s/A4s? In a shallow turn pot, do you think this player might just look to jam AK?

Seems tight so I'd have to put him on AA or a heavily discounted/overplayed AK. Sucks, but I call.