Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Flop decision with perceptive reads

1-3 with $5 BI, Hero has $505. I open QQ66ddcc UTG, MP1 & HJ call, Whale on $150 stack bumps to $40 in CO, button calls and has under $100, I call bc the two big stacks behind me are very tight and this could get out of hand, though I fair to be very far ahead of both raiser and button. (??) Flop is QhJc3d and I check, knowing CO will pot with almost everything. Next to act MP1 figets hard (he's a total rock), and hesitates before checking. He has a hand for sure. HJ does the same before checking, so we have two legit hands behind our action. CO pots for $110 as expected, button calls AI for $75.

Now to me sitting on $465 with all the money behind me. Do you just call here and hope JJxx or 33xx from MP1 raises AI to isolate, or is it too risky given SPRs to allow for both hands to call, giving us a hard time to get it AI on many different turns. Conversely, does check-re-potting $465 look like I'm trying to isolate my hand vs the two short stacks and improve my equity, thus inducing a call? What's your course of action on the flop?

Spoiler:
Results: MP1 declares "I know what you have" before getting Clock called on him. He finally moves in for $605 and HJ calls off. Turn 4h, river 2h and MP1 scoops with QsJh9h8d

Comments

• nopair Posts: 350Subscriber
    edited June 2017
    You've got something here wrong, if only because you posted in "NLHE Strategy Discussion" and you have four cards, but this...
    TerpHimself said:
    I call bc the two big stacks behind me are very tight and this could get out of hand, though I fair to be very far ahead of both raiser and button. (??)
    How can you figure that? You have a poor hand out of position. Instamuck to the preflop raise.

(As played, you ginned the flop about as good as possible, checkraise the pot and hope everybody folds, or everybody calls.)
  • beauregard Posts: 1,592Subscriber
    TerpHimself said:

1-3 with $5 BI, Hero has $505. I open QQ66ddcc UTG
    sounds like you're playing Omaha with NL hands.
    In PLO - this a crappy hand.
    if you don't hit a set from oop you're screwed
    and even if you do, you could be screwed.

AKQJdcdc is much better hand - as is AAKQddcc.

when you play PLO with NL hands, you're gonna lose your A$$.

BTW - on a Q J 3 flop - there are ton of hands that have HUGE equity against you for example KJT9hchc is nearly 50/50 and it ain't really nothing!

me thinks your opening range from UTG is too optimistic.
    by 1nopair
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    This is definitely not a hand to trap with on the flop. Just xrai. Not sure why you would want to encourage action behind you. It's not like you're $2500 deep and want to see a safe turn card before committing.

I'm not open raising this hand from utg. Depending on table dynamics I might limp or fold.