Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

The Grind Poker Podcast No.33: WSOP Game Selection and High Value Tournaments

Craig Posts: 683Administrator
In episode 33, Rob gives some tips on how to maximize your cash game time during the WSOP, as well as his outlook and what tournaments have the highest value.

Episode post at 11AM PT.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/wsop-game-selection-and-value-tournaments
Tagged:

Comments

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Great pod, totally agree with you on what tournaments are the best. While i am sadly unable to play myself this summer I was able to buy a little action in some players. Like you I rarely buy action but was able to get a piece of some good cash players i know in the Main, milly maker and monster stack so i feel pretty good about that. Gotta get those other income streams going haha.

Good luck in vegas this summer rob.
  • RobFarha Posts: 173Pro
    stayinschool said:
    Great pod, totally agree with you on what tournaments are the best. While i am sadly unable to play myself this summer I was able to buy a little action in some players. Like you I rarely buy action but was able to get a piece of some good cash players i know in the Main, milly maker and monster stack so i feel pretty good about that. Gotta get those other income streams going haha.

Good luck in vegas this summer rob.
    Thank you!

Another thing I forgot to really mention is opportunity cost. Very tough for me to justify playing the Colossus or whatever else when there's tons of action around town where otherwise there isn't. Hourly is almost always going to be higher in cash.
  • fishcake Posts: 935Subscriber
    Yeah, I don't see how a top level cash professional can achieve a higher hourly at any tournament, including the Main Event. You're just playing for the bink. For me, it's really not worth it. I'd rather buy some action from people playing tournies and just continue crushing cash games in LA during the WSOP. If you're some 10/20 NL+ or nosebleed crusher then it makes a lot more sense to me to play some tournies. You could have a lot more going on and be able to afford the variance.
  • lauxen Posts: 95Subscriber
    Enjoyed it rob. Made the morning run bearable. Hope you've been having a profitable summer so far!
  • RobFarha Posts: 173Pro
    fishcake said:
    Yeah, I don't see how a top level cash professional can achieve a higher hourly at any tournament, including the Main Event. You're just playing for the bink. For me, it's really not worth it. I'd rather buy some action from people playing tournies and just continue crushing cash games in LA during the WSOP. If you're some 10/20 NL+ or nosebleed crusher then it makes a lot more sense to me to play some tournies. You could have a lot more going on and be able to afford the variance.
    I agree. ME slightly different though imo.

There is a utility factor that I think justifies playing a few small ones a year, which is basically what I do.

Main Event is just too much value at those stakes to pass up imo. Obviously the utility factor in that tournament is completely out of control.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler