Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Did I spew as turn card is pretty bad but had psb left

Fred Posts: 137Subscriber
edited June 2017 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Live £2/£5 eff stacks £350
Hero raises utg ACKC £30 button calls and bb calls

Flop £92 k104r bb cks hero bets £60 button and bb call

Turn £271 Jr utg cks hero shoves £260?

Button calls bb folds.

Button has JJ. What do you think of heros and v play?

Heros range on the flop would be AA,AK,KK, QK, 1010, 44, and bluffs would be AQs and AQo, JQs

Comments

• neverlearn2 Posts: 2,828Subscriber
    fine. But Turn is kind of thin once he calls you but I still probably bet turn either way.
  • deadinaditchdeadinaditch Posts: 208Subscriber
    Check mark next to the Spew Box IMO. Unless you had some read on the villain that he would call with any draw or TP it seems a little panicky to me. With the remaining stacks you were probably destined to get your stack in but the pot sized bet seemed designed to scare away the exact hands you want to call, KQ, AJ, AT, etc. I wonder if a smaller (1/2pot) might have been better. If he had any made hand he'd be very hard pressed to fold to any river bet. I am a little surprised that V didn't 3 bet preflop with JJ, but that huge UTG bet did scream strength. Why so big?
  • Rocketman74Rocketman74 Posts: 451Subscriber
    It's kind of a tough hand due to the stack sizes and the over-caller on the flop (not to mention a pretty terrible turn.)

What do we do here that's good going forward? Check-folding seems crazy, right? Any bet commits us, no? We want to get called by KQ, K9 (?) and QJ but versus two villains that's a little thin or optimistic (take your pick.) Check-praying?

Jeez... I'm not much help.

You're opponent's play was fine (although I'd often 3b.)
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,238Member
    edited June 2017
    You mention your flop betting range, how about trying to figure out your opponent/s range.
    Turn bet is pretty spewy IMO, you're betting a card that completes several hands that beat 1 pair.
    Hmm, you're betting AQ OTF but not AJ, what's the difference between the two?
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,828Subscriber
    yea i probably shouldnt have written fine and written we are in a bad spot and and probably cant get away from this hand now.