Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

AA oop

OMGitsWorm Posts: 272SubscriberProfessional
Wynn $2/5
Why I'm asking about this hand is because I'm running bad, either missing every flop and constantly getting out flopped, turned etc. I just don't want to start playing scared and thinking they always have it. Starting to think Vegas live games are rigged lol.
V playing pretty tight. Only played 2 hands with him previously. I guess he is a ref as he knows others. The first hand I reraised the turn and he auto called tptk and counterfeited me on the river when he hit his second card the ace. He checked the river to me and I checked it back. Second time was a multi way hand. I checked the flop, he bet a couple of other players called and I decided to raise with an over pair, everyone folds.

The hand I'm asking about the V $630 effective.

I open utg AA to $20, V called mp and BB called.

Pot $62

Flop KQ4

I check. My reasons I don't think I want to bet this board 100% of the time and should check it backKQ is definitely in the pre calling range of these players. Less likely AK/AQ because I have AA. Possibly some J10.
V bets $35, the other player folds and I call. I think a call here is ok.
Pot $132
Turn 6 now brings 2 ♣️
I check V bets $75

Should I only call or should i check raise? Yes a check raise looks strong from me but am I getting called by worse...
Or should I lead the turn?
Sorry I can't remember the exact suits of the flop to work out combos.
Tagged:

Comments

• ohsnapzbrah Posts: 632Subscriber
    Flop is a mandatory bet. From the sound of it, you're just visiting Vegas for the time being. If you're just visiting, why worry about balancing? You'll probably never see these players again. If you do want to worry about balancing, KK and AQ are great hands to protect the AJ/AT/JJ portion of our range. Bet of $40 or $45 seems good as it's easy for either of our opponents to connect with this flop.

On the turn, what does a lead represent? A lot of his bluffs or value hands are going to continue as the board changes very little. Our hand is also very underrepped which makes it even more likely he is going to fire.

I actually don't mind a small check/raise here. We rep thin enough IMO that we can get villain to call with KJ/KT/JT. The only hand we may take this line with that is nutted is KK. QQ/66 is a fairly standard flop bet, KQ the same. So our line there looks FOS. A check/raise to $200, setting up a river jam, seems like a good play. Let's remember, players are more likely to put in more money on the turn than the river, so we have to rely on the turn rather than the river.
  • Rysher8 Posts: 234Subscriber
    You definitely have to bet this flop three ways. There are a litany of worse hands that will take a peel. As played, IMO the turn is a call. On a river brick I would probably lead for $150 targeting a hand like KJ or KT, because those hands are so likely to check back, and you can credibly rep a missed draw. If you're raised, easy fold.
  • ohsnapzbrah Posts: 632Subscriber
    Rysher8 said:
    You definitely have to bet this flop three ways. There are a litany of worse hands that will take a peel. As played, IMO the turn is a call. On a river brick I would probably lead for $150 targeting a hand like KJ or KT, because those hands are so likely to check back, and you can credibly rep a missed draw. If you're raised, easy fold.
    What credible draws do we have that don't cbet this flop and take a xc xc line? Only hands I can think of are AQcc and QJcc, and the Q for all we know may be a club.
  • Rysher8 Posts: 234Subscriber
    ohsnapzbrah said:
    Rysher8 said:
    What credible draws do we have that don't cbet this flop and take a xc xc line? Only hands I can think of are AQcc and QJcc, and the Q for all we know may be a club.
    Im thinking specifically of JT. We just need something that a villain can tell himself you might bet so he can call with his K. He'll want to call, so it doesn't need to hold up to intense scrutiny.
  • sivaddivad Posts: 320Subscriber
    Bet flop 100% of the time here. Villains are more likely to have a single paired K, Q, or J10 than they are to have KQ, KK, QQ, or 44. I would much rather have your hand than AK where you are blocking the K (as there will be less hands that can call you) - for that reason, I would prefer using other hands to balance my checking range.

As played. Once you check the flop - you are in check-call mode, and should just call down on most run-outs. If he had checked the turn then I would lead river.
    by 1Clock
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,287Subscriber
    In general you should be betting.

You consider checking if you can remove hands from his range that would 3b vs yours. Or if you know he is a notorious bluffer for X # of streets while considering if this board has hit him at all due to various other factors. Also consideration for the other player in the hand. Is he short? How does he play?

As played I probably would consider XCing down. You look incredibly weak when you check. OTR he should realize that and his betting will be clear what his hand is and actually increase his range.

So consider if he sees you as weak he will bet his value hands small if he has a value hand that he thinks is better than yours.

If he is weak vs your XC range he should take a shot at betting huge as a bluff.