Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

blind vs blind

squishmytomatosquishmytomato Posts: 352SubscriberProfessional
5/10 Bellagio, $1800 eff

I have played with V1 in 5/10 and 5/10/20 games a couple times in LA. He seems to be solid. Can V bet thin, run huge bluffs, etc. Big winner. He's probably a bit on the tighter side pre, but VERY aggro in pots he does get involved in. Probably views me as a bit on the nittier side?

V opens SB to $40. I call in BB with Ax5x.

Flop ($80): A t 2

Check check.

Turn ($80): 3

V bets $70. I call.

River ($220): 4

V bets $440 (!!!).

Tagged:

Comments

• pokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    Lol. This seems pretty specific to my history with V. He either has flush and thinks you'll read an over bet as bluffy and call. Or he knows you good and can fold so he's bluffing big. Too in game to say for sure. I would tend towards he has the flush and wants a call.
  • NormanClark Posts: 4Member
    This reminded me of somebody in the past wit such an incident.
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,239Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm not a math wiz but it seems you kinda have to click call since you'll have a decent amount of other hands in your range that fold getting to the river this way.
  • AJoff Posts: 546Subscriber
    edited June 2017
    You would love the 5 to be a diamond, but I think the A is a good blocker. He could be doing this with AA, A3, and A4. I would advocate a call, with you folding all your non diamond one pair hands.

Sometimes you just get owned here. If he is good he is doing this to put players who auto bet flop with every A and flush draw in a tough spot. You already made the correct adjustment by checking back the flop, call and accept the result.
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    We have to call with a straight here. This is probably the worst hand i'd call that doesn't have a diamond tho
  • maphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    We have to call here. This might very well be a spot for villain to seemingly attack your capped range. Unless your strategy includes a lot of checking with flushdraws OTF, this is pretty much the best hand you ever have here.
    He might even valuebet worse
  • iamallin Posts: 1,173SubscriberProfessional
    edited June 2017
    I would shove here.

I think his story that he has a flush is pure bs.

I think he is trying to be too cute with a set or 55 or a5. I shove to bluff him out of a chop or the occasional 56 that decided to not bluff flop.

BTW we should have flushes here. I check back all my Kxdd OTF along with any 2xdd
  • iamallin Posts: 1,173SubscriberProfessional
    edited June 2017
  • squishmytomatosquishmytomato Posts: 352SubscriberProfessional
    @maphacks this was my exact thought process. then i realized i prolly shud be checking back some flush draws here so i don't arrive at the river w a capped range. @stayinschool this is what I needed thanks.
    squishmytomato said:
    @maphacks this was my exact thought process. then i realized i prolly shud be checking back some flush draws here so i don't arrive at the river w a capped range. @stayinschool this is what I needed thanks.
    1 problem is that if V decides to bluff Kd then we no longer have flushes. besides random 2xdd
    stayinschool said:

1 problem is that if V decides to bluff Kd then we no longer have flushes. besides random 2xdd
    Is this that big of a deal? If he is opening like 50-75% in the SB, doesnt he want to bet river wider than nut flushes and KdXx bluffs?
    edited June 2017
    AJoff said:

Is this that big of a deal? If he is opening like 50-75% in the SB, doesnt he want to bet river wider than nut flushes and KdXx bluffs?
    He can use two sizes
    edited June 2017
    I don't pretend to understand the theory behind split ranges, but won't the smaller sizing lose whatever % of the time we have Kd. We called the preflop raise, so we start with less combos, and can conceivably make it to the turn with all the Kx hands that don't value raise pre. He has to risk money on the river with his smaller sizing range. So I guess I'm arguing that is a worse scenario than OP's original predicament.

Also, I would call with hero's hand so there isn't a scenario where I fold 100% anyway.
  • DrSpace Posts: 716Subscriber
    you should have plenty of flushes here and 56 with a ♦️ or two some. Probably fold. Almost all your disconnected ♦️ ♦️ should play mostly this way.