Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

The Grind Poker Podcast No.34: World Series of Patience and a Message to the Dreamers

Craig Posts: 626Administrator
In episode 34, Rob talks about dealing with some of the more frustrating aspects of the WSOP, as well as a message to the people that want a big score.

Episode post at 11AM PT.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/world-series-of-patience-and-a-message-to-the-dreamers
Tagged:

Comments

• nofriends333 Posts: 851Troll
    Rob great podcast Two questions and i give you my word this is not a troll. The biggest tournament buy in for me was seniors event 2yrs ago $340 . Thinking of giving the all mighty event a shot for the first time . $350 + 50 buy in at Borgata 500k GTD starting stack 100k . 3 day event as part of the summer series but this will be a first for me in that i never played a tournament that lasted more than one day. Also $400 is a lot of money for me but from what i was told events of this nature are better structured. The other question is i that i want to move up from $1 $2 to $5 $10 bypassing $2 $5 . Not a permanent thing because i realize at that level i will get crushed big time . Basically looking to try it out for a session or two just to get a feel of it. What do you think?
  • RobFarha Posts: 166Pro
    If $400 is an amount of money you're not comfortable losing 80%+ of the time, don't play.

to your second question -

I'd avoid playing in games that you will "get crushed big time" in as the experience is nowhere near worth the amount of EV you're giving up.
  • CajunDragonCajunDragon Posts: 167Member
    Hi Rob. You mentioned Gary Hurst was on an older episode. What number would that be? Have played with him at Belllagio a few times.

Thanks.
  • RobFarha Posts: 166Pro
    CajunDragon said:
    Hi Rob. You mentioned Gary Hurst was on an older episode. What number would that be? Have played with him at Belllagio a few times.

Thanks.
    Episode 24 - 2300 hours of volume and running a stable
  • nofriends333 Posts: 851Troll
    RobFarha said:
    If $400 is an amount of money you're not comfortable losing 80%+ of the time, don't play.

to your second question -

I'd avoid playing in games that you will "get crushed big time" in as the experience is nowhere near worth the amount of EV you're giving up.
    Thanks for the advice . In both i am comfortable with losing for two reasons. Never played the almighty to me its like playing the main event so why not give it a shot The other reason applies to the cash game. One shot deal and i look at it more as a learning process and it just might make me a more dominant player at $1 $2 . Expensive lessons? Yes but you only go around once in this lifetime
  • Idlecaillou Posts: 121Subscriber
    Hahahaha great rant / podcast
    Trust me that's good advice people need to hear as many times as possible! No easy score.
  • CajunDragonCajunDragon Posts: 167Member
    RobFarha said:
    CajunDragon said:

Thanks.
    Episode 24 - 2300 hours of volume and running a stable
    Thanks! I'm finally just NOW seeing your reply and getting around to listening to it. I met Gary a few times and he gave me some great HH advice so glad you were able to do this interview!

Geoff

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler