Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

*** 2/5 Flopped a set in multi way 3bet pot

ClockClock Posts: 1,133Subscriber
V1 (~1K) younger guy. Played pretty tight/low VPIP pre, looks pretty decent
V2 (~1.3K) middle aged white guy. Donk! Very lose pre.
HERO (covers) Good image.

HERO open limps 3 3 from UTG2, folded to HJ (weak player) who makes it 15, V2 on BU calls, V1 in BB 3bets to 60 we all call. 4 way...
Flop (240): K 7 3
V1 in BB checks, HERO bets 100, HJ folds, V2 on BU insta-raises to 200, BB thinks about it for a bit and calls.

HERO?
Tagged:

Comments

• AJoff Posts: 546Subscriber
    edited July 2017
    I think you have to raise here. You are only really behind 77, but many villains will make this play with Kx and flush draws and check turn. 550-600 sets up a reasonable turn shove.
    by 1hustlin
  • MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    edited July 2017
    Shoving or calling both make decent sense. Considering its the donk guy who raised us, I think shipping it now & letting him call with Kx, NFD, etc. is way to go. BB flatting here is very strange though -- I don't want to promote paranoia but he looks top-set-strong here. Why would he x/c w/ AA, QQ/JJ, NFD, etc.?
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,133Subscriber
    AJoff said:
    I think you have to raise here. You are only really behind 77, but many villains will make this play with Kx and flush draws and check turn. 550-600 sets up a reasonable turn shove.
    Are you talking about V2 on BU?
    What do we make of V1?

When V1 was thinking, I thought he was gonna fold and I was gonna min-click it back to like 400. I think V2 has a Kx here 99% of the time...

To be honest I didn't see that V1 called. I would still raise, I just hate giving free cards multiway. He definitely doesn't alway have KK. He can have Kxss or slowplayed AK, sometimes QQ and JJ making a semi tilt call. Again, you don't have to shove. Making it 600, you might be able to get away if the action goes like call then shove. You might also still be able to get away if the turn brings a spade.
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,133Subscriber
    Spoiler:

Like I said, I was gonna min click it vs V2 'cause I was positive he has a Kx, but now after V1 flatted that was puzzling.

I thought it was very possible he would not c-bet a FD into multi way field cause donks behind me were not folding much...
    Also possibly he playing AK tricky or perhaps cautiously... and since I was pretty positive V2 has a K, there's only 1 combo of KK left.
    I didn't think he would 3bet 77 given table dynamics.

So I made it 700....
    V2 "threw up" tanked and tanked and finally folded in disgust.
    V1 shoved for w/e was left, I obv called and V1 had KK :frown:

I would argue that you are mostly getting stacked here anyway (maybe sometimes you are making it to showdown when a spade comes)