Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bet Sizing--How to Improve

I've been a subscriber for almost a year, since joining I have two 5-figure scores, a 1st (12k) & a 2nd in a WSOP circuit (14.5K). I won over 10K playing 5/10 at the Wynn last summer in about 40 hours (short sample). Sadly, I'm broke now. I am absolutely awful at managing money, I play out of my BR, I chase, & I've lost over 100K in my life betting sports. It's sad bc I'm a really talented, winning, poker player w/ 10 years of experience & I eat, breathe, & sleep poker. It's my passion.

With that said, people always think they're great at poker, sex, basketball...better than they really are. Part of being a great poker player is the ability to sustain & manage a bankroll. My biggest leak I think is bet sizing. Since I'm usually playing 2/5 w/ very little money to my name, I try to play a low variance/pot control style. By doing this I think sometimes I bet too small in relation to the pot.

Does anybody have any bet sizing or poker tutorials on how to improve my bet sizing? Also, I hate asking this but what is the best way to get staked? I'm a winning player & I need someone to believe in me & take me under their wing. Unfortunately, I was staked in my win this year (250$ buy in) so had to give my backer 6K (50%).

I think I could make someone money. I play 1/2 or 2/5. I live in Central Florida & usually play at Tampa Hard Rock. I've lost a lot of my roll playing 5/5 PLO there, but the games are great. But I'm completely under rolled & can't take the variance. I do like the option to run it twice.

Its depressing going busto, but I know I'll be back. Florida is a great place for poker. I've gone broke too many times to be playing this long. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• nopair Posts: 350Subscriber
    "I've lost over 100K in my life betting sports."
    "My biggest leak I think is bet sizing."

If the first sentence is true, the second isn't likely to be.
  • Jesse_The_Suit Posts: 493SubscriberProfessional
    Yeah, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you should focus more on plugging your life leaks (e.g sports betting) and bank-roll management issues. Failing that, a steady regular job might help, since that way you'd always have some money coming in and bankroll requirements can be relaxed. I'd also check out the Grind podcast if you haven't yet, Rob talks a lot about how controlling life leaks can be more important than poker skill as a pro/semi-pro.
  • workinghard Posts: 1,573Subscriber
    I hate asking this but what is the best way to get staked? ...Unfortunately, I was staked in my win this year
    So, you want to get staked but when you do get staked, you don't want to win?