Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Top pair in a bloated 3-bet pot. Call or fold turn multiway action.

$5/10 loose fishy action full ring game where almost all of them are calling stations.
MP1(1000$) chinese rec player who is on tighter side raises to 40$ (this is a very small raise compared to the standard raise size which is 80-100$ which also gets called 3 way or more sometimes). MP2(1500$) fishy rec player calls , CO(2500$) who is a good reg 3-bets to 150$.
Hero(1250$) cold calls with AdQd. ( I thought about 4-betting here , but am sure he'll fold all his weaker holdings and since I have position and this is also a good spot for him to 3-bet light I decided to call.
MP1 and MP2 calls. we see a flop 4 way.

Flop(750$) A85r. MP1 ponders for a while and bets 200$ and MP2 calls. CO folds and I call.
Turn (1350$) 7x MP1 checks , MP2 bets 750$ and I have 850$ behind. Do I call here or fold?
I thought about min-raising on the flop and getting it in on any T , but was not sure if any hands I beat would call me so I decided to call.
As played can I fold T here? I'm not really happy getting it in on the T although we're facing a half pot bet in a 3b pot.
Tagged:

Comments

• pray4blank Posts: 139Subscriber
    If put in over 10% of my stack and hit the flop this hard with an spr of less than 2, I'm never folding. I think we can tank a bit to make it look like we actually have something to ponder, then jam this flop. The board is pretty dry, so I'm not opposed to just waiting until the turn to get it in, I guess...but...seems like it will be hard for them to fold the flop getting such good odds on your all in.
  • greenjellobiafra Posts: 15SubscriberProfessional
    I would also get it in on the flop with these stack sizes vs two fishy recs. You can get called by a weaker ace who just can't fold given pot odds and also by open ended straight draws. The times you are beat, so be it. You are ahead too often and I don't want to give a free turn card to two players.

As played the turn really seems to be a villain dependent read spot. I wouldn't expect to be good here too often unless he's the type who might bet a weaker single paired ace for protection after you show no aggression on flop and after the pre flop donk better checks the turn. The worse he is, the more inclined I am to call.
  • Happyluckbox Posts: 27Member
    Raise flop and setup spr for turn shove imo
  • ohsnapzbrah Posts: 632Subscriber
    I think jamming flop is fine. The pot odds will be good and it's very likely MP1 has just an A, which if he is as fishy he won't be able to fold.

Turn, I don't think we can ever fold. It's a gross feeling spot, but we have TP2K and less than a pot sized bet left. Against two fishy opponents, we're going to be good here enough to justify getting it in.

One thing I do want to point out. This is about as good of a situation as we could hope for. If we don't want to get the money in here, we should 4bet preflop instead of cold calling.
  • JKH Posts: 835Subscriber
    If Mp2 is solid I think u are against AK a lot. I would consider a hero fold on turn if I respect MP2. With 135 big blinds I would consider folding or 4 betting more preflop. If u think the players are fishy at all though then I would just go with the hand.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,972AdministratorLeadPro
    JKH said:
    If Mp2 is solid I think u are against AK a lot. I would consider a hero fold on turn if I respect MP2. With 135 big blinds I would consider folding or 4 betting more preflop. If u think the players are fishy at all though then I would just go with the hand.
    I tend to agree here. Such an opponent specific scenario. Even if Mp2 is fishy do we think he is blindly donking any Ace on the turn when you have flatted 3 bets cold and overcalled the flop? So many times I see players in the middle make a much smaller bet with a hand that AQ beats on the turn for protection or they check. Bart