Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 - big river bet from Vilain on possible flush board

Vilain in this hand is super sticky. He is at the sb.

Straddle is on and 3 players call.
I raise to 60 in cutoff with KJo (to pick up dead money)
To my surprise I get 4 callers. I have the position tho.

Flop KQ3, two clubs (I do not have a club)
Checks to me and I bet 175. Sb calls.

Turn 7 clubs
Checked around

River 3
Sb fires 225 with only 50 behind.
Hero?

Comments

• Jesse_The_Suit Posts: 493SubscriberProfessional
    Why didn't you bet the turn, if you don't mind my asking. Pot is what, like 815, 225 to call, getting almost 4 to 1. I think it's close because the draw got there, but because of the pot odds I might call, as I think you might be good 1 in 5 times. Hard to put him on a hand that doesn't beat us though. KT maybe?
  • alambic49 Posts: 87Subscriber
    Jesse_The_Suit said:
    Why didn't you bet the turn, if you don't mind my asking. Pot is what, like 815, 225 to call, getting almost 4 to 1. I think it's close because the draw got there, but because of the pot odds I might call, as I think you might be good 1 in 5 times. Hard to put him on a hand that doesn't beat us though. KT maybe?
    Didn't bet turn because the flush got there and it is one of his possible holdings.

It is indeed really hard for him to have something that we beat...
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    edited July 2017
    on paper this is a trivial fold so im assuming he bluffed you with AcQ or something. IM folding unless we have history or he has some kind of solid tell on him.

also checking back river. hes short, if we bet turn he could easily shove all his draws in or enough draws in for us t have to call.

edit.
  • nopair Posts: 350Subscriber
    You raised to steal the 60. Fine, but didn't work.
    You bet 175 at the 240 to win it right there with your marginal made hand that can't improve. Fine, but didn't work.
    You checked the turn because it came the draw that was out there. Fine.
    Dude now bets but doesn't even want to scare you by saying all-in. Fold.

While you are getting marginally good pot odds since he could have JT, calling-on-the-river-for-value is not why you played this hand to start with. The line you took should be decently profitable over life, but calling in this case won't be. Next hand.