Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

*** 2/5 Bluff river or give up in 3bet pot?

ClockClock Posts: 1,097Subscriber
edited July 2017 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5 1K cap game
1K effective
Villain is very young Asian kid, early in the session so not many reads other than he was talking about online, etc. etc.

UTG limps, HERO raises to 25 with K Q from like MP... folded to V in SB he 3bets to 80, BB folds, limper folds, HERO decides that he certainly doesn't have to have a super premium to 3bet so we call.

Flop (170): 2 3 7 - V checks ...
...after he checks I think he could def have hands like A high, so HERO bets 80...V calls fairly quickly.
Turn (330): J - V checks ...
Obviously a great turn for us, I though he might be x/calling flop with AK/AQ type of a hand, so I decided to put a lot of presure and HERO bets 300 Thoughts on sizing?
V thinks for a bit and calls again.

River (930): T - V check again.
HERO??
Tagged:

Comments

• neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    Weird hand. Really depends if he's is 3! A4-5dd like everyone does now.

Think more freq of that then ATdd. Seems like a very odd hand lol cause he leaves himself so short OOP knowing you check back. Ton of your range here.

As crazy as it sounds I think we need to shove here and we good a good amount of time.
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Depends on the villain. I'd imagine there are a fair amount of live players who's 3 bet, check/call, check/call range is a lot of AA, KK.

If that's the case then obviously bluffing isn't amazing..

However, if he has some 7x AK, AQ A2s, A3s then bluffing becomes more appealing. However, I'd only bluff if you would value bet like 99+, maybe Tx +
  • TastesLikeBurning Posts: 429SubscriberProfessional
    3 bet from SB is gonna be stronger than from BB, so I expect to see a lot of QQ+ take a line like this on a dry flop and try to bluff-catch. I give up OTR.
  • BKismBKism Posts: 203SubscriberProfessional
    Your turn sizing is very large, almost bluffs. Would you bet 90% with value, or closer to 65%. He could be checking overpairs, AJs, QJs, JTs of any suit the 3 suits lm the flop. Well, does he fold any of those for less than 600 more?

I do not think it gets through enough.
  • Happyluckbox Posts: 27Member
    Bad sizing ott imo, size down so u can jam
    river larger
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,097Subscriber
    Spoiler:

HERO decided to give up and check behind.
    Villain wins with 6 2