Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$5/$10 - Bottom Two Facing Aggression from a Bad Passive Player

Rocketman74Rocketman74 Posts: 451Subscriber
edited August 2017 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Villain is a young stationy type. He was down to his last $100, got it in as a flip and has since ran his stack back up to ~$1K over the last 30 minutes. He is bad but has shown zero aggression to this point.

Hero has a losing image at the moment.

---

$5/$10 - 10 Handed

EP opens to $40, Villain in CO calls, BTN calls, SB folds, Hero calls in BB w/ 8 6

Flop: T 8 6

$165 (4 Players) Hero bets $120 (!?!), EP folds, Villain raises to $360 [w/~$600 behind], BTN folds, Hero?

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,997AdministratorLeadPro
    edited August 2017
    This is pretty interesting and close. The fact that you lead into the field here screams extreme strength and its not often a guy is going to raise say AT vs your lead. If he's shown no aggression post then its also very rare that he has a hand like 89, 87 etc. If you thought that you were ahead at this point, with these stacks I would just bet 3 bet all-in, the thing is I dont think you're ahead. If hes loose at all and shows up with some 97os types of hands you're creamed.

Bart
  • Rocketman74Rocketman74 Posts: 451Subscriber
    edited August 2017
    Bart said:
    This is pretty interesting and close... the thing is I dont think you're ahead. If hes loose at all and shows up with some 97os types of hands you're creamed.

Bart
    I felt much the same way. Asked a few friends though and got mixed opinions.

Thx Bart
  • DrSpace Posts: 716Subscriber
    If you input a reasonable range and see what your odds look like vs his get it in range it is a fold. Leading was a good play and the sizing is great. It will let you make a fold here and avoid a cooler vs the described player type. Vs different player types, with deeper stacks, it the T was T ♦️ perhaps there are other strategic options like calling or even raising. This looks like an easy fold. The idea is we exploit the ranges and tendencies of weak players with known strategic flaws. We don't have to always be right to make proper exploitive plays -- fold and smile.
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,239Member
    If he never has JJ/QQ in his range in this spot and never raise K10-A10 then I could see folding as being the best option, probably.
  • iamallin Posts: 1,173SubscriberProfessional
    I would fold even t8 here ..86 is a definite fold