Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 118: Podcast concepts in action II

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2017 500 Hour Challenge Verison 3.0

BartBart Posts: 4,774AdministratorLeadPro
I wondered if I was going to do this again this year but I really need a kick in my ass in terms of volume. I like doing these challenges because it adds a bit of accountability. Before the @Thehammah comes on here and says "I play more than 100 hours a month" remember I am producing 2-4 videos a month, 16-20 podcasts a month as well as being a big part of the day to day operations of the site.

So the challenge will be similar to the last two years and I will put in 500 hours of cash game play from now to the end of the year. I will give weekly updates and post my results each week in this thread.

Getting these hours in is going to be difficult as I am going to be doing a fair amount of traveling, playing some tournaments and CLP duties take up a lot of my time. This year we may see me play at some different levels, locations and games so I will break the results down as best that I can. One small caveat this challenge goes through Jan 7th as I roll all my finances from the 5th-5th cycles because of CLP payroll.

Bart

Comments

• nofriends333 Posts: 741Subscriber
    Tell Hammah you have a life outside of poker You go out with chicks you have a website to run . Others have no other life but poker. I would probably play more if i was winning but because i am not winning i put in 8 to 12 hrs a month in cash and buy in for the minimum out of fear i will lose the max and drive home like a madman . However i have gained some renewed energy towards the game after watching Harry from LATB blow his entire stack of 10k losing a 23k pot bluffing with 8 6d Did anyone see the video?
  • BartBart Posts: 4,774AdministratorLeadPro
    So first weekend in. Didn't get the amount of volume I wanted to do but some pretty good results. I lost a 10k pot at 10-20 in what I thought was a good spot, which really would have got me off on the right foot. I also had a coupe of very good, short PLO sessions. I may have bitten off a little more than I can chew in terms of these hours for this year, I am really going to have to kick my ass to get them in. I count 21 weeks total and I go back at least one week for xmas. I also may have an opportunity that might make the hours impossible, but this would be a good thing.. more on that later.

719 x 1280 - 369K
    719 x 1280 - 324K
  • KiLeeKiLee Posts: 73Pro
    Good luck
  • lauxen Posts: 95SubscriberProfessional
    GL Bart. These challenges and the resulting podcasts always motivate me. Glad you're doing it this year
    This week was a little odd. I didnt get the volume that I want in because I went to a concert last second on Saturday. Had a big session on Tuesday and then got put into some bad spots on Thursday and Friday, but still ended up positive for the week.
    719 x 1280 - 370K
    719 x 1280 - 450K
  • nofriends333 Posts: 741Subscriber
    edited August 21
    Bart although this is off topic but what do you think chances are of Pats covering the spread in the first 3 games of the season. Reason i ask is i am thinking of parlaying $500 on pats . If they cover first 3 i will have 4k to play cash games with . Sort of a small poker bankroll for $1 $2 If Pats do not cover the first game , im out $500 and im done
  • jjbooey Posts: 5Subscriber
    Do you play with Limon in the Commerce PLO games?
    jjbooey said:
    Do you play with Limon in the Commerce PLO games?
    No. I haven't sat at the table with him. Not sure if that will change now if I move towards a daytime schedule. We haven't spoken since he left the site in March of '15
    Got in about 50 hours over the last two weeks with some meh results, up about $2700. Games overall have been very good and I have had a spot of run bad. I am still trying to build my confidence up from the summer and maybe sit in some bigger games and use some of the Top Section material Conlan and I have been doing to my benefit. Lost a $4k 70/30 in PLO last week and took a brutal beat last night at 96/4 in a $2k pot at 5/10. Other than that I want to get more healthy can get back on a regular routine. This week I would also like to find a good therapist and start some psychotherapy that will help me in poker and with life in general.
    719 x 1280 - 459K
    719 x 1280 - 365K
    edited September 19
    The last two weeks (about 45 hrs) have been pretty anti climatic. Like I said on the podcast if just a few things went my way I could have easily been up $10000 for this period instead of being even. I still haven't put together a string of super sessions yet and this is probably the slowest start of the 3 challenges so far. I am still optimistic as the games at Commerce have been very good.

719 x 1280 - 475K
    719 x 1280 - 368K
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,026SubscriberProfessional
    45 minutes? now that's a short session :wink:
    Thehammah said:
    45 minutes? now that's a short session :wink:
    Ha! fixed
    edited September 26
    Finally got in some good volume this week, playing wed-Sunday. Also had a pretty good week making over $6000 in NLHE, but unfortunately quickly dropping $2800 in PLO with the nuts.

I'm not sure how my records are going to look after this week as apparently Poker Journal is not going to be supported on the new IOS 11. I may have to go on another program and just import the stats from Journal into them and or just record the data in from challenge as one entry in the next program I use.
    750 x 1334 - 395K
    750 x 1334 - 326K
    Had about an average week positive $2500 or so in about 24 hours. On Friday I had a really big shot at a super session (500BB+) but missed a couple of draws and had a few bluffs that just didn't work. I still havent been able to put together a string of wins to make say a week of 8k or more like in previous challenges. But the 5-10 games at Commerce have been very good recently.

Bart
    719 x 1280 - 366K
    719 x 1280 - 460K
    The last couple weeks were fairly good. Ended up about $4500-$5k or so putting in just under 50 hours. My mom was in town this week and Patriots game is on Sunday night so probably aim to just play two 10 hour sessions across Friday and Saturday.

Bart
    719 x 1280 - 369K
    719 x 1280 - 453K
  • sivaddivad Posts: 175Subscriber
    How is poker tracker still working for you? I thought it was dead now?
    sivaddivad said:
    Poker Journal.. I havent updated my phone to IOS 11. Although I did just purchase "Run Good" app and it looks like it has successfully important my records from Poker journal. SO I may make the full switch this week.

Bart
  • sivaddivad Posts: 175Subscriber
    Bart said:
    sivaddivad said:
    Poker Journal.. I havent updated my phone to IOS 11. Although I did just purchase "Run Good" app and it looks like it has successfully important my records from Poker journal. SO I may make the full switch this week.

Bart
    Yea, meant Poker Journal. iOS 11 kills the app. I'll have to check out that Run Good app. Thanks.
    sivaddivad said:
    Bart said:
    sivaddivad said:

Bart
    Yea, meant Poker Journal. iOS 11 kills the app. I'll have to check out that Run Good app. Thanks.
    I also had tried Poker Income first but it took forever to import stats, had inferior filtering and died on me last week. I like Run Good so far.
    edited November 6
    Had an ok couple of weeks putting in some decent volume. Won just under $5000 in about 65 hours of play. Still have yet to have that big big upswing that we have seen in some of my previous challenges. But I am confident that I can close out the next two months with a bang.

Notice I finally migrated from Poker Journal to "Run Good" as Poker Journal is not compatible with IOS11.

Bart
    750 x 1334 - 147K