Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 game from hell

Jesse_The_Suit Posts: 493SubscriberProfessional
Hand 1. I open with pocket aces to 15, from UTG, five callers. Flop comes out 4, 4,6, with a two,suit. I am first to act, I bet 40. UTG plus one calls, guy in the field raises to 125, guy after him raises to 325, I fold guy, in UTG 1 folds. Raiser in the field folds. Raides in the field was bluff raising with pocket tens, trying to get me off an overpair. Guy who raised him had a four. UTG plus one folded pocket kings.

Hand two. Guy raised in early postion, small-blind 3 bets to 75, initial raiser 4-bets to 225. Small blind five-bets all in. Initial raiser folds pocket kings face up. Other guy shows pocket aces.

I table change to 1/3.
Tagged:

Comments

• neverlearn2 Posts: 2,842Subscriber
    why u change tables when they are you having people spazz out with TT on low paired boards?
  • Jesse_The_Suit Posts: 493SubscriberProfessional
    I actually believe that he was turning his hand into a bluff, which isn't easy for a rookie like me to exploit.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,842Subscriber
    Idk u folded correctly. I think you might be over estimating the game but what do I know about it. I'll take your word for it.
  • Jesse_The_Suit Posts: 493SubscriberProfessional
    I am sure I am. The guy folding kings preflop was more shocking then a dude bluff raising.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,433Subscriber
    He wasn't turning it into a bluff. He just knew you had AK. You got outdumbed by TT and 4x wouldn't have anything to do with it. Welcome to 2/5.
  • ohsnapzbrah Posts: 632Subscriber
    How deep were the stacks with the KK hand? What did the SB play like? 200bb deep and SB is a nit or tight player, then yeah folding KK is ok. Begs the question of if EP knew this, why did he 4bet and narrow the nit's range down, but that's neither here nor there.

Hand 1, TT isn't trying to bluff you. TT called in hopes to flop an overpair, flopped an overpair, and was eagerly wanting to get the money in. As Fuzzy said, 4x just wanted to spoil the party.

Seems like a rather good game if you open UTG and get 5 callers. Doesn't happen often at my 2/5, but when it does, it's always a good game.