Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 QQ Different Scenarios

This is a line check/analysis from a hand where I had one line in mind, but things didn't turn out as planned. For both hands, assume $400 effective. UTG villian is a loose, splashy fish. UTG+1is a tight reg.

UTG raises to $10, UTG+1 3bets to $25, Hero in UTG+2 calls (?) with QQ. UTG also calls.

Flop ($78) 9 7 4
UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $40, we call (?), UTG folds.

Turn ($158) T
UTG+1 bets $70, we fold

Line 2

UTG raises to $10, UTG+1 3bets to $25, Hero in UTG+2 calls (?) with QQ. UTG also calls.

Flop ($78) 9 7 4
UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $40, we call (?), UTG folds.

Turn ($158) T
UTG+1 checks, we check (?)

River ($158) 5
UTG+1 bets $50, we call (?)

Comments

• MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    H#1 I 4! pre. As played I'm flipping a coin in between calling/evaluating or folding turn.

H#2 I bet/fold turn like 60 to deny/thin-value AK. As played obvious call, maybe a min- raise/fold. JJ is in villain's range & I would greatly discount KK+ after turn check.
  • CycleV Posts: 811Subscriber
    I usually shy away from the term underrepped, but you are seriously underrepped. I can't find a fold yet in H1, calling H2 vs splashy fish all day.
  • ohsnapzbrah Posts: 632Subscriber
    CycleV said:
    I usually shy away from the term underrepped, but you are seriously underrepped. I can't find a fold yet in H1, calling H2 vs splashy fish all day.
    In both scenarios, UTG+1 is the tight reg, not the splashy fish.

I think I may have done an injustice to describing V2. V2 is a tight reg who borders more on OMC than TAG.

• kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 360Subscriber
    H1 I would call the turn. You're getting decent enough odds to call and a borderline OMC will probably check the river with an overpair, fearing you drew out on him. You get a free showdown on the river enough to call this.

H2 I would check back. Then call river or bet river if he checked. You're probably not getting anymore value by betting turn then river, as V will probably fold by the river. You can, however get yourself in a sticky spot if you bet turn then get x/r on the river.
  • gocubsgo Posts: 4Subscriber
    I can see why you did not 4! pre on H1. However, the second time V2 3 bets after an open from V1 its time to 4!. He could be an OMC but it appears that he may know enough to iso raise opens from bad players. Even OMC's have enough experience to recognize these type of situations. This is especially true if V1 is unaware of basic concepts like posistion and relative hand strength. Sure V2's 3! looks stuper strong but I start discounting the strength the second time he does it. We can 4! and can fold if we get 5! all in by V2.

As played I call in H1 and expect an borderline OMC to check the river. H2 I call it off. I don't think he shows up here with AA/KK after checking the turn.

• CountRoblivionCountRoblivion Posts: 54Member
    Hand 1, I think it's best to just fold here. The only hand an OMC will still be betting that we beat is JJ. I think a 4-bet pre is a bad idea too, because it is super unlikely that he will be getting out of line trying to iso from UTG+1.

Hand 2, I think you just need to call. This is a great price and he can be value betting JJ or 88 or trying to get a cheap showdown with ace high.

I don't think I would change anything in either line.
  • ohsnapzbrah Posts: 632Subscriber
    I worded it poorly. One of these hands actually happened, and the other was how I thought the hand would happen when planning it.

Line 2 was the one that actually happened. I thought V would bet turn and I'd just fold. Instead, he checked turn, which I think was more out of fear than any thinking, but that made me think his range may have been weaker. He wound up having AA
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,287Subscriber
    If we assume a normal 1/2 player in the current game I would honestly consider folding in this spot.

You have an UTG raiser and UTG+1 3 better.

If you cold call here your hand is really face up. @ 1/2 it really doesn't matter because they can't fold AA/KK post flop. So if you are getting more than 10:1 you could easily stack someone since the current trend, even at 2/5, is for people to flat AK and usually KK funny enough.

Problem with flatting is that UTG could have you already beat.

If this was CO raise and BUT 3b, then you can 4b or flat but 4 betting is probably more correct assuming dynamic players even if they are not good. Aware LAGs that are bad for example. Or semi-thinking nit that is tired is this prick raising every other hand and is deciding to teach him a lesson with 66.

Key is to take time and evaluate your opponents and how they play, have played, and play post flop.
  • ChiliPalmer Posts: 45SubscriberProfessional
    If this guy is calling station OMC, then call river bet in line 2. If he is at all aware of board texture, then Bet Turn big. 2 pair, straights, and sets are all in your range on this board and never in his. The only thing you beat otherwise is JJ.