Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Top and bottom on the flop

OMGitsWorm Posts: 272SubscriberProfessional
$5/$5 effective stacks $685.
I've been playing reasonable snug and for a bout 8hrs. Main V is a bit nitty. Before seeing this hand I didn't think he was someone who would shove a flush draw. I honestly don't see him get to far out of line and really took his perceived image into concideration.
A few limpers an i limp 8 5 spades. The button who loves to raise, raises it to $35. 5 call and see a flop.
Pot $190

Flop 7 8 5
The worse player on the table with a $150 stacks bets $100. I decide to raise to $200. V makes a speech as he stands up a little and announces All in. Bad player calls.
Total pot $1,190
Main Pot $640
Side pot $550
Hero to call $450

I'm getting about 2.5-1 on a call and need 28-29% equity to call.

My thought was he was shoving more value than draws and he also limp called pre.
Value that beats me
55 x 1 combo
88 x 1 combo
77 x 3 combo
78 suited x 2 combo
96 suited x 4 combo
Total 11 combos of value

Drawing combos
9 10 x 1 combo
J 10 x 1 combo
66 x 6 combo
7 6 x 1 combo
7 9 x 1 combo
A6 x 1 combo
A9 x 1 combo
A4 x 1 combo
Total 13 combos with draws

I honestly though it was pretty close and I decided on the fold given how tight I have seen this guy play in the past. I honestly thought about the players style in this decision. The bad player I thought I had him beat but he could already have flopped it.

Is this spot a call or a fold?
Should I take into consideration that I may be playing for only a side pot if the bad player had me beat?

Tagged:

Comments

• QuantumSurfer Posts: 133Subscriber
    I think I'd discount a lot of those drawing combos like T9hh & JThh, maybe even most 66 combos. I think someone shoving w/ 66 open ended would want to have a flush blocker if they're shoving at all. If we've been snug and are making a strong looking min raise, this V's range is going to be pretty nutted imo.
  • OMGitsWorm Posts: 272SubscriberProfessional
    Since writing this I have thought about the 6 6 combos and possibly a loose to include all those against a tight player.

In the $2/$5 game I play in I don't think rec/reg players are paying to much attention how many pots alloy are playing. So wheather or not I'm playing snug or not, it's probably relevant?

I do agree his raise is super strong considering I min clicked the bad player which is strong.
  • MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    edited August 2017
    Pre-Flop is sloppy. On flop what are we accomplishing with an awkward min-click raise @ this stack size? Just shove.

I might be misunderstanding who raised what amount, when, etc. but as played just GII. Pot is too big.
    I'm not fussed about pre flop and know it's a bit on the loose side. It's not my regularlimp calling hand.
    It's more about the situation on the flop. I also think if I raised to $300 would of been better and then I would of called.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    I mean if we not take into preflop then yes I'm shoving here all day instead of raising. Board so wet feel like we can get max value from some over pairs
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 360Subscriber
    If you run the ranges you listed in Equilab and include 99+ to the PFR range, you only have 25.3% equity. Removing the overpairs and some of the combo draws will reduce your equity. I don't think calling here is profitable.
    Thanks for your opinion.