Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Free Bonus Video No. 13: $1/$2 Live Session on Ignition

Craig Posts: 706Administrator
Stayinschool plays a session in the $1/$2 zone games on Ignition while giving live commentary on each hand.

Free video up at 11 AM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/1-2-live-session-on-ignition
Tagged:

Comments

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Let me know if you guys like this format
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    edited September 2017
    @stayinschool Just watched this video. Love the format.

It seems you have a lot of checkraise bluffs on the flop, but have very few checkraises for value. (Your marginal made hands seem to be reserved for flop check/calls). How are you thinking about structuring a value checkraise range?

Let's take a hypothetical example: You open J9dd and call a 3bet. Flop Tc 7d 2h. If we put any BDSD+BDFD into our checkraising range, then when we do checkraise we have way too many bluffs. Unless of course we checkraise sets, but then our check/calling range is too weak...

Can you talk a bit more about how you structure your flop actions and ranges in these spots? I feel like you're over bluffing the flop, but of course could be wrong...
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    @dpbuck you are right it's very hard to keep your combos in control when bluffing here. TBH the best way to do it is to just use a random number generator. I used to do that but have gotten a bit lazy and since i will be playing mostly live for the foreseeable future it doesn't have a ton of relevance. In generally i like raising the weaker hands and floating with the stronger ones (Stronger in terms of SDV generally) the SDV doesn't really make a big difference but you need some sort of selection process. You can use suits or whatever.

Exploitively i also think this is a flop people over c bet bluff so getting in for a few extra bluffs isn't bad.

• FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,434Subscriber
    edited September 2017
    He doesn't have to balance XR bluff with XR value because no one knows who he is. Most regs way under XR bluff so they assume the same applies to another player.

So if this was a FR game like I play eventually they would catch on because they see me doing it so often.

Zone different than FR and different than SH. I play FR and do incredibly well.

Nice video.
    by 1dpbuck