Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bet-fold psychosis

Jesse_The_Suit Posts: 493SubscriberProfessional
Anyone else have one of those sessions where the rec players keep raising you and you, like the good CLP sub that you are, you dump your one pair hand that isn't doing well against a rec players raising range, only to find yourself wondering if you are being exploited? Its an odd leveling war with yourself.

Comments

• neverlearn2 Posts: 2,842Subscriber
    std haha. just a bad session.

best is when the rooms worst best VIP is the one raising/betting. oh man hahaha.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,917AdministratorLeadPro
    Jesse_The_Suit said:
    Anyone else have one of those sessions where the rec players keep raising you and you, like the good CLP sub that you are, you dump your one pair hand that isn't doing well against a rec players raising range, only to find yourself wondering if you are being exploited? Its an odd leveling war with yourself.
    Sometimes they just have it and also sometimes you have to bet call f it doesnt make sense. Hell I called a river check raise the other night and was correct :)
  • Jesse_The_Suit Posts: 493SubscriberProfessional
    Yeah, certainly I think in some spots I am overfolding against their range, but when a super passive player raises half their stack on a wet-flop or raises the turn on a dry-one, my overpaor/top pair certainly seems to be behind. Especially when I am betting relatively large.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,917AdministratorLeadPro
    Jesse_The_Suit said:
    Yeah, certainly I think in some spots I am overfolding against their range, but when a super passive player raises half their stack on a wet-flop or raises the turn on a dry-one, my overpaor/top pair certainly seems to be behind. Especially when I am betting relatively large.
    I think you have answered your own question then.
  • sivaddivad Posts: 339Subscriber
    edited September 2017
    Bet/fold (for value) def is a winning play most of the time, but there are those weird spots where the hand just doesn't make sense and you have to call. This has happened a few times to me recently, where I bet on the river as a bluff, get raised, and call off--when I know if he had just called I was crushed.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,433Subscriber
    I have had many sessions like the above.... many, many, MANY sessions. Some of them have been so bad that if I was in a home game I would say there is cheating going on. I think the longest stretch was 9 hands in a row of...

R, BF or R, B, BF