Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Do you ever fold when only beaten by Quads or better?

Sonny Posts: 368Subscriber
edited September 2017 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Pretty simple poll inspired by the call in show this week. The question is this. Do you ever fold when facing a bet, and you only loose to Quads or better? Even if the line makes sense? For arguements sake we will say its a cash game and we are properly bank rolled for it.
I made a decision long ago in my early poker career that if I only loose to quads or better than they are just going to have to show me. Can't be afraid of monsters under the bed. So far its worked out fine. I think in live poker, even if the line makes sense, its far more likely that the opponent is making a goofy bluff, or over valuing a hand.
Do you ever fold when only beaten by Quads or better?
  1. Do you ever fold when facing a bet and you only loose to quads or better?11 votes
    1. Yes
      36.36%
    2. No
      63.64%

Comments

• AJoff Posts: 546Subscriber
    I folded flopped top full in PLO a couple years ago. We were 1500bb deep and the villain fell asleep before the flop was dealt. He got really animated when he woke up and saw the flop. He made a click-back 4! on the flop and then shoved the turn (I still think it was a slight overbet but...). I showed my hand to get a read and eventually folded. He showed Trips with an A kicker.
  • tanks_a_lottanks_a_lot Posts: 41Member
    The operative word here is "ever." I can't imagine there could NEVER be a situation where they just have it. I mean, people sometimes make quads so I have to sometimes fold.

...but obviously very rarely.
  • CajunDragonCajunDragon Posts: 167Member
    edited September 2017
    Usually not, HOWEVER I just listened to the Call-Ins show 143 and in that spot I think it's totally acceptable to fold OTR with A44X4 on t board with multi-way action (don't remember the other card). When she started explaining the hand I rolled my eyes and was ready to skip to the next hand. The river action and run out had me asking if I would bet fold top FH there or just check it. I'm 92% sure I like a check back in that spot.

I think it's also important to never say never in poker and to dynamically adjust to the 'configuration' of the current hand/game.