Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

5/5 AA w/ FD on monotone flop vs bad LAG

V: Have played with him for an hr or two on the must-move. Early 30's S.E. Asian guy with some ghetto tats. Opens wide pre, around 30% but has some positional awareness. Sometimes has random hands like disconnected suited cards. Sticky post, sometimes w/ aggression sometimes with passive calls. This guy is very emotional and ego driven. Likes to berate other players & tell them they're playing bad after they take a pot from him.

I recently table changed to his table and have been there for maybe 2 orbits. V seems agitated. In one hand, I 3bet OTB after someone raised (maybe V, don't recall). V called the 3bet along with 1 or 2 others. Flop was 833. Checked to me and I c-bet, only V called. Turn was a 6x, checked to me again and I fired and V folded.

A few hands after that one, V says that the action at this table died, possibly b/c the player I replaced left, and V said that he can't be the only one driving the action.

~1.2k eff.

V opens to $30 over a limp in CO. Folds to Hero in sb who goes $110 w. A A. Folds back to V who calls.

$224

K 8 4

Hero fires $125, V $320, Hero...? Torn between flat and jam though not sure if that would be overplaying our hand.
Tagged:

Comments

• squishmytomatosquishmytomato Posts: 348SubscriberProfessional
    edited September 2017
    i like a check on this flop for two reasons

1) we have the ace of clubs
    2) oop against a bad lag who is probably more likely to make betting mistakes than calling mistakes

as played i call
  • QuantumSurfer Posts: 131Subscriber
    LOL squish. I posted this on 2+2 saying that sometimes I do check back this flop & was told that we should c-bet. Thanks for the input. I def. see your reasoning.
  • Sonny Posts: 368Subscriber
    Just for my own learning...

If we flat the flop and if the board bricks out what is the correct play then? Lead or check? Are we calling all the way down most of the time? We can't just check fold the turn right? Since we have the Ac I would imagine it lessens the chances he is bluffing correct?

The answer I realize correct answer is to asses the situation as it happens, based mostly on his actions and any then any tells we pick up. But what would be our plan generally after flatting the flop?
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,092Subscriber
    squishmytomato said:

2) oop against a bad lag who is probably more likely to make betting mistakes than calling mistakes

as played i call
    I can get behind this, but vs described V - it seems he doesn't like to fold either.
    If he has any clubs - he probably not folding, if he has a K - he DEF not folding.
    Us having A blocker is not great for V to continue in theory, but seems like described V can have ANY club and will continue anyway.
    We pretty deep, so I want to build the pot up right now if we get raised we prob can still call (unless it's crazy overbet/jam), so I like leading out.

As far as him making betting mistakes, I feel like in 3bet pot on monotone board he might be a bit more careful (unless he total aggro monkey)
    If he has any SD like PP - very good chance he will check back, if he has PP with a club he might take a card too, but obv not folding to a bet.

As played - I like a call and x/evaluate further...
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,287Subscriber
    squishmytomato said:

as played I call
    It also plays if he checks this flop. I have found many LAG are agro preflop and passive (like stations) post flop and their 3bs are actually very tight.