Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Topic discussions for the CLP podcast

Hey everyone, I think Bart mentioned in a podcast that he was looking for topics that might interest listeners in the upcoming CLP podcasts. I am thinking that we can share some ideas here from the community that we either struggle with or situations that appeal to us the most.

For me I would like to see a podcast on 'out of position play' where we are defending from the bb, defending our open vs an in positon 3 bet, or where we opened preflop and checked our betting lead on a street. (5/10)

Share your ideas here. Btw include the stakes you're playing also as I think certain concepts apply more than others depending on the stake.
Tagged:

Comments

• sanox Posts: 82Subscriber
    Not sure how to define it properly, but I would be interested in some "bluffing tree" examples. For instance, look at a bluff range on a given flop, discuss what hands will continue or give up, on which cards...
  • pokergal72 Posts: 52Subscriber
    I'd like to hear more of the 100 hands of 5/5 type stuff. That series was great!
  • MarcusMarcus Posts: 104Subscriber
    Oh another topic i would be interested in would be about regaining your composure when you're having a rough session. And how do you adjust in a losing session
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,097Subscriber
    How to play medium strength starting hands in and out of position in very loose, sticky games (2/5 1000 cap level)

I'm taking about hands like Axs or say KTo in LP after multiple people have limped in and they are a mix of passive stations/passive fit/fold nits.
    We're way ahead of typical garbage limpers would have, but what do we do?
    Do we just overlimp and basically fold most flops?
    Do we iso raise with intention of multi-barreling since we'll most likely miss the flop?
    How HUGE do we need to make it to iso? I often find myself that either everybody folds or most (2-3) call. It's very hard to iso to 1/2 players.
    Do we just muck because it's almost guaranteed to go 3,4 or 5 ways either way?

Same thing with Axs hands OOP, but can add small PP into the mix.
    Also with small PP, specifically how do we play them out of the blinds?
    It's the same idea, we're WAY ahead of the limpers range, but if we raise, it's most likely going multi-way and we're OOP...
    So what's the best plan?

• kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 360Subscriber
    Clock said:
    How to play medium strength starting hands in and out of position in very loose, sticky games (2/5 1000 cap level)

I'm taking about hands like Axs or say KTo in LP after multiple people have limped in and they are a mix of passive stations/passive fit/fold nits.
    We're way ahead of typical garbage limpers would have, but what do we do?
    Do we just overlimp and basically fold most flops?
    Do we iso raise with intention of multi-barreling since we'll most likely miss the flop?
    How HUGE do we need to make it to iso? I often find myself that either everybody folds or most (2-3) call. It's very hard to iso to 1/2 players.
    Do we just muck because it's almost guaranteed to go 3,4 or 5 ways either way?

Same thing with Axs hands OOP, but can add small PP into the mix.
    Also with small PP, specifically how do we play them out of the blinds?
    It's the same idea, we're WAY ahead of the limpers range, but if we raise, it's most likely going multi-way and we're OOP...
    So what's the best plan?

I just finished watching Video No 199. The third hand touches on some of what you're asking. Basically Bart advocates raising in late position with 2 or more limpers with a range that you would open from one of the first 2 positions. Limp with all other hands that you can enter the pot with. If there is only one limper, look to iso raise with a range that you would open with from the position you're in.

by 1Bart