Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

To Cold 4! Or Not to Cold 4!, 2/5

UTG+1 opens to $15 ($155)
UTG+2 raises to $45 ($600, 1st hand, no history, Asian male, 30s, wearing a collared shirt & sweater)
Hero, UTG+3 has AKo (covers)

Should we be cold 4! here or calling? I can't imagine that I get anything worse to continue to a 4!

Tagged:

Comments

• CountRoblivionCountRoblivion Posts: 54Member
    Looks to me like you can't go wrong flatting here. Either:

A.) UTG1 shoves for 30 BB. If UTG2 only calls, we can jam over the top and get it heads up with his dead money in the pot. If he jams, we can easily fold.

B.) UTG1 folds or calls, and we have position with playable stacks vs. UTG2.
  • BKismBKism Posts: 203SubscriberProfessional
    edited September 2017
    @ CountRoblivion, Let's not cap our range. If utg1 jams, original 3! is likely to jam over top. I would...99+, AK, AJs+, KQs.

The weakest parts of his 3! range might also get to realize their equity because they were not pressured. If you flat and it goes shove, shove, are you calling off?

Let's fold out those 77-TT and 4! this bad boy. We apply the pressure. We force our V's to make poor decisions. Let's make these puny weaklings with their unsubstantial stacks of chips fear the Hammer of Thor that our that our tower blood red nickels and our verdant stacks of quarters represent.

"$235, croupier", you casually say as slide those daggers across the line. You see the fear in their eyes now. Their bodies longingly shift ever so slightly towards the 1/2 tables, wishing, just wishing that they can out of this spot. All decision look so bad. What to do?

That is why we 4!

• CountRoblivionCountRoblivion Posts: 54Member
    BKism said:
    @ CountRoblivion, Let's not cap our range. If utg1 jams, original 3! is likely to jam over top. I would...99+, AK, AJs+, KQs.

The weakest parts of his 3! range might also get to realize their equity because they were not pressured. If you flat and it goes shove, shove, are you calling off?
    No. If it goes shove, shove, I am not calling off. On UTG2's first hand, when he 3-bets the UTG1 opener then 5-bet shoves I think we can give him an enormous amount of credit.

I also think we can flat with QQ+ here as well, because UTG1 will be shoving so often with this stack size that we don't give out many free flops. Then we also remain uncapped.
  • MrBucket Posts: 36SubscriberProfessional
    Pretty clear 4b imo. My 4b range here is like kk+ ak and a5s
  • MrBucket Posts: 36SubscriberProfessional
    Actually 2nd thought I prefer putting like half my combos of aqo in as my bluffs instead of a5s cuz we have better blockers and we have more equity against short stacks jamming range.
  • sanox Posts: 82Subscriber
    I think flatting is fine if you have also some AA/KK in your flatting range to avoid capping it.
    Tbh, I am not sure that given the positions, I have a 4! Range here. I would probably flat all of my range , except if I am against spewy vilains.
  • pokeromc Posts: 36Subscriber
    thanks for the comments

i ended up flatting.
    V1 shipped
    V2 tank raised to ~400
    i folded

V1 had AJo
    V2 had JJ

i think had i cold 4!, V1 probably calls and V2 folds and i would have scooped an easy 40bb