Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

5/5 - Critique this bluff line from the BTN

Villain is an older gentleman who's a thinking player. He has a simple odds calc on his phone. Limps speculative hands and raises with good holdings. Fairly face-up post flop.

Hero likely viewed as tight/nitty but decently aggressive. Haven't shown any bluffs. Have been rather card-dead this session but the few showdowns I've had were good. Probably look a bit risk averse.

Stacks ~1k.

Good LAG opens $15 UTG, 1 caller, V $40 in MP, gets another caller, Hero calls OTB w/ K Q, pf raiser and 1st caller also call the extra $20.

Flop $200

K 4 2

checked to V who bets $150, folds to hero who elects to call, others fold. Hero assumes V has AA/AK most of the time and is scared of hearts. Sometimes, but not often, might have JJ/QQ as well.

Turn $500

V checks, Hero decides to fire $225 like I'm trying to get my hearts to pay. V thinks for a second and calls. I'm now thinking he has the A. What do you think of line so far and continuing with plan to jam non rivers?

Comments

• psi1122 Posts: 130Subscriber
    We're trying to bluff villain off of AK, or AA? IDK, imo that seems like too thin of a range we're targeting to fold, I would just probably just check turn back, and check river.
  • QuantumSurfer Posts: 131Subscriber
    psi1122 said:
    We're trying to bluff villain off of AK, or AA? IDK, imo that seems like too thin of a range we're targeting to fold, I would just probably just check turn back, and check river.
    If I'm calling flop, it's to bluff later. Otherwise, I'd just fold flop. This guy is not 3betting light pre, even with this small sizing.
  • psi1122 Posts: 130Subscriber
    edited September 2017
    You're calling pre with the intention of bluffing him on flops/ turns and rivers?
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,238Member
    edited September 2017
    pre flop seems fine, I could get behind turn but it's thin, give up OTR even tho you won't win at SD very often.
  • sanox Posts: 82Subscriber
    You might be good sometimes at showdown if he has a hand like QQ or JJ with a heart. If I were to bluff this river , I would probably choose a hand like 99/TT with one heart. Also, you don't need that many hands to bluff with as I believe you have a limited value range on this board.
  • MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    edited September 2017
    Fold pre. Deep in position I guess it makes some sense though.

As played you should be checking most rivers. Turning your hand into a bluff is completely unnecessary.
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 360Subscriber
    Bluffing the river could work as V looks to have a pretty capped range. However, I think your hand is a little too strong to turn into a bluff. You have some showdown value so I would tend to check river back.