Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 - Straight on Paired, Flushed Board

dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,977SubscriberProfessional
$2/$5 ($500 Cap) at Winstar

Villain (Button - $700) - 30s White Male. Seems to be a tourney player, doing a lot of weird sizing, getting aggro in strange spots. But isn't completely clueless, capable of making some nice plays here and there.

Hero (HJ - $1400) - 30s Black Male. Image should be pretty good, winning pots without showdown. Maybe been a bit too aggro at times, though.

Preflop: Hero opens K T in HJ to $20. Villain on button and both blinds call.
Pot $80. Flop Q Q J. Blinds check. Hero checks. Villain checks.
Pot $80. Turn A. Blinds check. Hero bets $50. Villain calls. Blinds fold.
Pot $180. River 6. Hero bet/folds? How much? Are we ever bet/calling?

Comments

• MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    I like bet/folding 120-150 readless.

To nit pick a bit, I don't think 4x pre does enough to discourage loose calls with position on us, so I think 5-6x should be your standard even in LP IYAM.

Flop check is fine either way I think, but multiway good time to check. Turn standard.
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,238Member
    edited September 2017
    Do you think he'll be able to fold a flush?
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,977SubscriberProfessional
    Letmewin1 said:
    No. I don't think I'm ever getting better to fold. I think if I size right I can get value from AX or unfull QX.

• sanox Posts: 82Subscriber
    Yes, you can bet for value.
    I would bet / call probably as :
    - he is capable of making strange plays as you said
    - you have the K and you would not expect him to raise a J high flush on a paired board
    - especially if he is a tourney player, you would expect him to 3bet AA, JJ and AQ pf. So the only full house he can really have here is QJ. I don't know if he folds QJo pf and if so, there is only one combo of QJs
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,238Member
    edited September 2017
    dpbuck said:
    Letmewin1 said:
    No. I don't think I'm ever getting better to fold. I think if I size right I can get value from AX or unfull QX.

Guess you can target Q9 Q10 and KQ maybe A10 but it'll be weird for him to show up with some of those combos and some won't call because of your perceived range and the flush coming in, I'd expect a 3! with most KQs and A10s from the button against a HJ open so the frequency of him showing with the hands you'd like to get value from diminishes IMO so that's why I was entertaining the thought of a c/r line.
    Guess a bet around $100 could get called by worse??
  • TastesLikeBurning Posts: 429SubscriberProfessional
    Helps we have the K in our hand where we can comfortably b/f and not feel we are getting bluffed. QT won't raise here, we block KQ so we are only going to be raised by value yet we can get called by Qx. I'd lean towards the smaller side AP, 100 feels right. FWIW, I Would bomb river if it was a non-diamond.