Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Dealing with a flop minraise from a field caller

2/5
Big dave is loose and gambly... will call down light sometimes
Alan is generally tight and doesnt get too out if line
Big Dave opens 15 utg (550 behind)
Mp calls
Alan calls (1500 behind)
I call KQo sb (1300 behind)
Bb calls

Flop (70) Q94r
I check
bb checks
dave bets 35
Alan makes it 70
I call
Dave calls

Turn (280) Q r
Checks thru

River (280) 3
Hero?

Whats are you thoughts here?
Otf i wanted to see what developed.
Ott im prob folding to another bet?
Otr after turn is checked through should i be bet folding here? Check calling... or check raising??

Comments

• sanox Posts: 82Subscriber
    C/r is too thin, but I like to c/c here. Worst Q will bet anyway and if Alan mini-raised with a hand like JT , KJ he might try to bluff the river
  • ohsnapzbrah Posts: 632Subscriber
    I think a 3bet preflop may be something to look at. Calling isn't bad either, but not being suited it's going to be tough to play our hand on boards like these, especially being OOP.

If your generalization of Alan is correct, then we should fold on the flop. Alan doesn't get out of line and plays tight. The initial preflop raiser cbets and this alleged tight player raises with two other players behind him. The best case scenario is a hand like JT. This could be AQ, 99, 44, etc but either way our hand doesn't rate well. And the loose gamble player still cbet into 3 other players. That's a real hand as well.

As played, check/call river seems to be the only option. Alan can still have slowplayed boats or better Q's that felt like nothing could call a turn bet. Big Dave can have a Q that bets river as well. I think a check/raise kind of overplays our hand, because we're not getting worse hands to call with the way the hand went down.
  • MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm 3! pre alot given reads, and x/f vs this action otf alot given reads (we beat what, QJ?).

As played betting 180-210.