Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 Donk-lead on the flop with overs +FD.

psi1122 Posts: 130Subscriber
edited September 2017 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
V1- BB. No history with this guy. Sat down for about 2 orbits. I did realize that he seems to like to donk he did donk into other guys at the able quite frequently, I don't what kind of hands he's donking with, top pairs, draws, or random lolz.

I have A K UTG, I open to 10. BB calls and he has around 230 to start the hand with.

Pot is 21 Flop is 9 3 7

Villain donk leads 15? Should we just flat here, or should we try to raise GII right now? I think his donking range here, is 9x, 7x, and PP he's leading to protect against overs, don't think he's donking that many sets, and he has worse flush draws/combo draws.

Comments

• ohsnapzbrah Posts: 632Subscriber
    Watch this player carefully. I encountered someone very similar the last week or so, and noticed that he has a pattern of donking his medium strength hands, checking his give ups, and check/raising his nutted hands. I can only imagine it's probably close to the same for other players of the mold.

Anyways, I'd raise the flop. Donk bets usually aren't indicative of super strength. If he has a hand like T9 or 98 and he calls a raise, there aren't a lot of runouts that can call a triple barrel. We also have a ton of equity. I'd raise to about $50 or so. Bet about $60 OTT and jam $110 OTR.
  • CycleV Posts: 811Subscriber
    I'm raising this all day, to something like 70. If he's trying to see where he's at, might as well let him know he's up against an overpair and that his 9x/7x is no good. Then engage in friendly table talk, "I guess I scared you out, I probably just shoulda called. Fuckin' Jacks, man, I never know how to play em."
  • psi1122 Posts: 130Subscriber
    edited September 2017
    I'm going to have to agree here, I think raising is definitely the correct play. That being said, I don't think player would be in the mood fold out that many 9x, or 7x, but on the same logic, if he's not folding the 9x or 7x, he's not folding worse spade flush draws, and if has the combo-draws/ T8ss lets' the get the money in. But there are so many good cards on the Turn/ River that are really good us to barrel on (broadway cards, spades.

As played, I think my nit-half took over and flatted here, but I agree that I should have raised here.