Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No. 318: Good bluffs, Bad bluffs and missed value

Craig Posts: 745Administrator
This month, Tuck examines a standard 5-5 game full of the usual good and bad spots to bluff

Episode posts at 11:00 AM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/good-bluffs-bad-bluffs-and-missed-value
Tagged:
by 122CLA

Comments

• 22CLA Posts: 8Subscriber
    Hey Tuck,

Claudiu here! The QJ hand, you assumed a lot of things. Preflop I try to play as many hands with the blinds, but I will not raise every QJo. Postflop I will raise in this spot very lite against Tony, it is a different situation than the one when I flat with JJ because here I know how Tony plays and I know he has a lot of marginal hands leading out and almost never a T. That is why I raise bluff QJ, but I will be balanced here by raising lite value hands like JJ+ A9 and a T. From what I have seen the player who was behind in that hand played very tight and I did't think that he is capable of making a move there.
  • 22CLA Posts: 8Subscriber
    With the Ah8h hand, I will check back there with over pairs, plus the AK AQ, and I don't see a point in bluffing a hand with that much equity. Another thing is that the board I think is favorable for his range, so I don't mind having a large check back range with position, this can open up very good situations for me on the turn and river, like this one, where I can have the nuts on the river and he can spaz out.

I did liked the ramble on the last hand, very good question about what bluffs I may have. Thinking about it, probably it is good to bet AQ as a bluff there, but probably at that time I would not have done it, maybe AhQ or something.

Anyway, thanks for the review, you underestimated my balancing capabilities, and that means I did a good job in the game.
  • jcp182000 Posts: 3Subscriber
    I don't think you ramble, Tuck! Great video!
  • nofriends333 Posts: 887Troll
    Tuchman would make a great play by play NHL or NFL announcer and make huge bucks instead of the paltry salary Bart is paying him to work for CLP