Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Raise Tilt

FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,546Subscriber
I have one thing that tilts me in poker. Insta-raises from fish.

It's like you are reading a book during an exciting scene and someone sneaks up behind you yells at you a question in which you know they are 100% capable of doing themselves.

CAN YOU MAKE ME A SANDWICH!!!!!

It drives me fucking insane.

Suggestions? I don't tilt often from but it doesn't happen often but frequently enough that it annoys the fuck out of me. It puts me on tilt.

The best thing I can do so far is preplan for a raise so am not affected by it.

Comments

• neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    u mean u hate it when say u go like, Bet fift...., Villains says Raise 100. before chips are out?

cause i do that sometimes when im annoyed with the guy taking a long ass time to make decisions.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,546Subscriber
    edited October 2017
    LOL.... yes pretty much. I don't take long to decide. Maybe 2-5 seconds. I watch others take a spot of their tells run my analysis then bet. Happens very instantaneously. And that is if I am 1st to act. if there are people ahead I already have my plan in place when it gets to me.

At most 7s. In really tough spots where someone does something unexpected I take 30s to replay the hand.
    Haha. I mean I'm sure wedont play together and this is for guys who tanked what seems like a full minutes for a 20-30 pot and stuff
    You play in South East Florida?
    edited October 2017
    I don't play in anything considered south, east, or Florida haha

Central west California
    I miss the predictable aggros at Lucky Chances in Colma
  • CycleV Posts: 1,195Subscriber
    Well since you're already making a sammie, don't put mayo on mine. I hate mayo.

Unless it's some kind of chipotle mayo, then that'll be fine.

But back to the hand, in general I tend to call any snap-play from donks. Might be a leak, but I tend to think that if they had a hand they'd take a second to figure out what to do with it.
  • Jack7777 Posts: 655Subscriber
    I had a guy to my left once, who raised his button straddle every time. I looked down and saw AA, so I called along with a few others. He made his raise, got a couple of calls, then I reraised. He called and I won a big pot. I made one mistake, he asked me why didn't I raise with AA. I told him that I knew he was going to do it.
    I find snap raising to mean they aren't folding. Sometimes they raise for "information" like they have TPGK. Other times they have such an obviously recognizable strong hand they get mega excited. Still tilts me.

Online it doesn't bother me. But live it's like nails on a chalkboard. I don't know why. Maybe it's intellectual consideration tilt. I took my time deciding how much to bet and you just spazz raised with no thought... how dare you!
  • MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    I think it can get in people's head when you snap-fold after they raise you. If you don't have a hand you're committed with I wouldn't even posture -- muck super quick just so they can think they blew it.