Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Pocket AA play tonight

Trying to get review on my hand.
Hero Ah Ad in s.b. stack $800
5/5 game 300-500 buy in

Utg Lag. raises $25 , 3 callers, I raise to $105, utg1 calls, mp1 TAG $350 stack calls. 3 ways to the flop. Pot $345

Jh 7h 5d

I bet all in 695. Utg calls his stack $230, mp1 calls $ 245.

Turn is Ks

River is 3h

Utg1 shows pocket 7's

Mp1 shows pocket J's and takes down pot.

Could I have played the hand different/ better?

Could I have played pocket AA better
  1. How to play flop7 votes
    1. Do i c bet smaller
      71.43%
    2. Do I check flop
        0.00%
    3. Do I go all in
      28.57%

Comments

• CarpeZiem Posts: 17Subscriber
    What hand are you hoping will call you? You overbet the pot, so even if I have KK here I have to think twice. A lot of low stakes players will make odd calls, but this overbet makes it hard to get value from worse unless they have 6h8h. 9h10h, and they are close. I may even fold 9h10h. I would probably c-bet 200.
  • psi1122 Posts: 130Subscriber
    They only have around 240 behind, so it's a 2/3 PSB left, so therefore, I think moving in here with that SPR is perfectly fine.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    After the initial guy raised and two callers the 3! Should be higher. Everyone folds back it's 80 more for a pot that has 190 with 2 more people to act.

Post. I'm assuming it got checked to you and you shoved?

Stacks sizes make it fine to me. Bad luck.
  • ddz Posts: 150SubscriberProfessional
    Preflop 3-bet far too small. Minimum size is 150
    by 2Clock Bart
  • z7 Posts: 225Subscriber
    I agree the 3-bet pre needs to be a good size larger. I think it needs to be 150 or so: on flop if you were all deeper I still think betting perfectly fine. Them being short stacked you definitely just put them all in.
  • Jesse_The_Suit Posts: 493SubscriberProfessional
    Yeah, 3-bet bigger, then shove non-gross flops if you get multiple callers. As played, I'd bet slightly smaller, like 300. I know it seems sort of stupid to leave money behind, but because you have a strong hand you want to minimize the fold equity. Jamming over pot frustrates that. Obviously to an aware player, it's the same bet (you aren't folding to a jam of 100 more) but most live players aren't that aware.

Also, dude who called you is making an awful call (more than 1/4 effective stacks with 77s). You just make it that much worse for him if you bet bigger, but as played he is just gifting money to you (over the long run) by making such a loose call.
  • Sonny Posts: 390Subscriber
    edited October 2017
    Only mistake is preflop. A lot of sucessful players would say to make it as large as $175 pre instead of $105 since you had 3 callers to the open.
    JJ is not going to fold pre very often. Since he's going to have even less left if we bet bigger pre, moving in is the only thing you can do.
    Its a cooler... Be glad his stack wasn't bigger since you're probably always going to loose a lot of money in that spot. Even if he had a stack size as big as yours you'd probably go broke there depending on how he played it. If he had more he'd probably just call the flop then shove whatever he had left on the turn after you bet.
    I also don't know if I'd categorize a player as "TAG" if he's flatting $25 with position over the raiser with JJ pre flop. Thats more rock/OMC.
  • DrSpace Posts: 716Subscriber
    edited October 2017
    No mistake was made. You most certainly can 3! larger preflop but betting smaller and getting action will show more variance but more profit as well under many game conditions. Postflop is fine but since we are never folding I would bet smaller to minimize fold equity.
  • Beatsme Posts: 585Subscriber
    I disagree about the 3 bet sizing. In this specific example i think your 3 bet sizing is good. Eff stacks are very short so you dont want to discourage action. Even if just one player called the 3 bet there would be 1 pot sized bet otf. If everyone was say 700+ deep thats when I think the 3 bet size should be larger.
  • iamallin Posts: 1,173SubscriberProfessional
    you played fine. It's not an over bet on the flop. Got unlucky. Next time you will not run I to sets I promise (not really, this is a cold game, quit now before you go broke running below ev)