Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 118: Podcast concepts in action II

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Is My Play Correct?

WVKing304 Posts: 34Subscriber
edited November 14 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Tampa Little Slick Series. 150$ buy in, ended up being a 200K Guaranteed. On my fifth bullet. Blinds 300-1000/2000. I have 27K & have been short stacked all day. Haven’t seen one premium.

Folds to BB who shoves for 32K. I shove in SB w/ A8 off. Is this a correct play? Can I fold? I don’t think I can. I’m ahead of so many hands. BB shoves w/ AJ. Button shows 55. 55 holds & triples up. Is it correct to shove here?

Comments

• sivaddivad Posts: 175Subscriber
    going to assume you mean the Button shoves and you overshove 5k more in the SB. Even if you give him a wide shoving range of 25% of hands you are a 48/52 dog in the hand. Heck, even if you give him a 50% range you are only a slight favorite.

I think you can pretty safely fold this hand with a 13bb stack. You could probably look to overshove with AJ suited and 77+... but I'm not a tournament expert.
  • Jack7777 Posts: 594Subscriber
    WVKing304 said:
    Tampa Little Slick Series. 150$ buy in, ended up being a 200K Guaranteed. On my fifth bullet. Blinds 300-1000/2000. I have 27K & have been short stacked all day. Haven’t seen one premium.

Folds to BB who shoves for 32K. I shove in SB w/ A8 off. Is this a correct play? Can I fold? I don’t think I can. I’m ahead of so many hands. BB shoves w/ AJ. Button shows 55. 55 holds & triples up. Is it correct to shove here?
    I am guessing you mean folds to the button? Push/Fold says reshove. It is on the weakest end of your reshove range.
  • WVKing304 Posts: 34Subscriber
    Yessir Button shoved & he had me slightly covered. I called all my chips w/ A8 off. Button had 55. BB had AJ. I should’ve been more aware of the BB & tried to get a better read on him before shoving. Wish I’d have folded now. It’s close. Gotta win flips to win a tourney.